Luggage Options For 94 Vfr W High Pipe?

FullTilt151

I figured this forum may get more responses than the 4th gen forum, but I'm looking for luggage options. There doesn't seem to be a lot for a bike as old as mine. We're planning a trip to Canada in July so I need some options.

A tank bag is pretty easy, so i'm going to get the biggest one I can find, but I'm not having much luck finding a top box with factory mounts for a 94.

I'm guessing side bags are out of the question because of my pipe?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Mike

I also have the 94 with the two brothers high mount pipe kit, and I run RKA soft saddlebags with it with no issues. I use one of their expandable tank bags on it as well. In fact, there was an auction for a set of saddlebags, and two tank bags (all RKA) on eBay just last week in red.

• Member Contributer

The Givi brackets are available for the fourth gen for a top case and (the inexpensive jc whitney top case fits on it). that with soft sidebags & tank bag your set!

IMG 0098

• Member Contributer

Others will chime in, but I believe these are the ones that fit on a Givi baseplate

http://www.jcwhitney.com/garage-pro-universal-motorcycle-travel-trunks/p2010969.jcwx?filterid=c14603u0j3

If you don't have need for the large size, I think the medium size looks better on a VFR

• Member Contributer

Prefect, guys!

Is there a way to cross ref which JC Whitney bags will mount to the Givi brackets by chance?</p>

Thanks again

Mike

Mike,

I know that the large one fits the Givi bracket....the small one does not.

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, I scored a complete 900cc Givi set off ebay. It has Triumph mounts, but I figure i can fab up some new mounts for my Viffer. I'm gonna go by Switchblade's post in the 3rd and 4th gens forum, I just hope my little HF tig is up for the job.

They're a little sun faded and have some scuffs, but for 180 shipped to my door, I'm not gonna complain ;)

post-23553-0-80505500-1365518795.png

• Member Contributer

Looks like a good score! You will have lots of space with that set up. I really like my Givi 35 sidecases and adding the 46 topcase for longer trips.

Welp, I scored a complete 900cc Givi set off ebay. It has Triumph mounts, but I figure i can fab up some new mounts for my Viffer. I'm gonna go by Switchblade's post in the 3rd and 4th gens forum, I just hope my little HF tig is up for the job.

They're a little sun faded and have some scuffs, but for 180 shipped to my door, I'm not gonna complain ;)

attachicon.gifgivi.PNG

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Member Contributer

The Givi brackets are available for the fourth gen for a top case and (the inexpensive jc whitney top case fits on it). that with soft sidebags & tank bag your set!

Do you just need to buy the brackets from Givi and mount the JCW case using the supplied plate, or do you also need to buy the Givi Monokey plate to mount the case onto?

TIA

Dutchy recently retired his 4th gen, high right piped redslut from pure sport, trans-dike street racing and seem to be turning it slowly into a fast continental sport tourer with bags and top box, he should chime in with some advice soon........

Archived