Replacing Gear And Parts - Advice

Oh6PearlVFR

• Member Contributer

Good afternoon VFRD peoples. It has been some time since I've been active but tis the season to dust off the quip, and get ready to hit the roads. SO

After I had to buy my wife a new car, she agreed to some upgrades and repairs on the bike. I would like some input on your experience in which I value dearly. Tires, mind you, are set, so I don't need any input/thread jacking/ statistical data and such =)

Tires: Goodyear Pilot Road 3: coming from Pilot Power and sport tires only, my tire guy told me I could easily get 10K and the grip I need for the twisties.

Boots: SIDI Fusion's run $215, is there another type of SIDI that might be worth investing a little more in (they go $500+)

Suit: Sedici Separates Rapido Jacket and Pants ($650) or full suit $600 - probably go with separates because I don't always want a onesie.

Gloves: Sedici $70 - love the dexterity and protection - could use some pointers on your experience.

Hardware: I would like to replace some of the pieced together fairing bolts and trim clips etc, yet all I can find is online OEM, and the pricing runs $150 for the fairing bolts and trim clips for the upper fairing, sides, and trim clips, which seems a little steep. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks again and I look forward to posting more, which I know, you all have missed so MUCH!

JWS

• Member Contributer

Good afternoon VFRD peoples. It has been some time since I've been active but tis the season to dust off the quip, and get ready to hit the roads. SO

After I had to buy my wife a new car, she agreed to some upgrades and repairs on the bike. I would like some input on your experience in which I value dearly. Tires, mind you, are set, so I don't need any input/thread jacking/ statistical data and such =)

Tires: Goodyear Pilot Road 3: coming from Pilot Power and sport tires only, my tire guy told me I could easily get 10K and the grip I need for the twisties.

Boots: SIDI Fusion's run $215, is there another type of SIDI that might be worth investing a little more in (they go $500+)

Suit: Sedici Separates Rapido Jacket and Pants ($650) or full suit $600 - probably go with separates because I don't always want a onesie.

Gloves: Sedici $70 - love the dexterity and protection - could use some pointers on your experience.

Hardware: I would like to replace some of the pieced together fairing bolts and trim clips etc, yet all I can find is online OEM, and the pricing runs $150 for the fairing bolts and trim clips for the upper fairing, sides, and trim clips, which seems a little steep. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks again and I look forward to posting more, which I know, you all have missed so MUCH!

JWS

Those Goodyear tires might be a little interesting on the bike. :goofy:

I bought some Sidi Fusions and returned them. They are narrow compared to everything else I've had on my feet. The Fusions also have a lot more heel to top-arch room than usual, which allowed my foot to shove itself into the toe of the boot, making that narrow cut very unconfortable...painful even. I returned them and bought TCX S-Sportour boots which are true to size and very comfortable for me.

I have no experience with the other gear you posted.

• Member Contributer

You can get RevIt gear or maybe even some Astars for the price of that Sedici. All I know is that their (CG) Bilt stuff is absolute crap...

You can get RevIt gear or maybe even some Astars for the price of that Sedici. All I know is that their (CG) Bilt stuff is absolute crap...

Is there something in particular wrong with Sedici? My GF just bought some of Sedici gloves last weekend. They fit her better than Astars and were $80 (plus 20% off) where the Astars were $130. The Sidici's have a lifetime warranty against workmanship too. The finger seams were stitched on the outside too (for more comfort) just like other high-end gloves.Palms were soft and comfortable just like Kangaroo skin (not sure if they were or not but felt like it).

• Member Contributer

I just like to go with a known brand if I'm going to shell out $600 for a single piece of gear. Like I mentioned, the Bilt line is absolute crap (have you looked it?), and Sedici is their other house brand. I was only suggesting that other known brands are available for around the same price, not for more $$$. I am sure you got good stuff if you are happy with it. For me, there is a big difference between my RevIt, Held, and RS Taichi gear compared to my Joe Rocket, AVG Sport, Fly, etc gear.

• Member Contributer

If you need gear call Riders Discount and ask for Brad. Nobody can beat their prices on the net, nobody. Tell him the guy with the tricked out R1 sent you, he'll know who it is :D

I just like to go with a known brand if I'm going to shell out $600 for a single piece of gear. Like I mentioned, the Bilt line is absolute crap (have you looked it?), and Sedici is their other house brand. I was only suggesting that other known brands are available for around the same price, not for more $$$. I am sure you got good stuff if you are happy with it. For me, there is a big difference between my RevIt, Held, and RS Taichi gear compared to my Joe Rocket, AVG Sport, Fly, etc gear.

I agree with you on the Bilt stuff. I wouldn't even let her try those gloves on. The Sedici's actually looked and felt like much better quality, that is why I was wondering if you knew something specific about them. I like my Held's, but she didn't have that kind of money to spend right now. I also just bought a pair of Komoto gloves and if they had her size, would have got those for her.

• Member Contributer

I agree with you on the Bilt stuff. I wouldn't even let her try those gloves on. The Sedici's actually looked and felt like much better quality, that is why I was wondering if you knew something specific about them. I like my Held's, but she didn't have that kind of money to spend right now. I also just bought a pair of Komoto gloves and if they had her size, would have got those for her.

No, nothing specific. I'm basing my opinion or their other product line which isn't fair. My wife and I actually purchased a pair of Sedici summer mesh type pants for her. I'm just more careful when buying leather...it costs so much to buy the leather gear in the first place and the stitching is so critical. I haven't really looked at the Sedici leather gear...just make sure those seams have multiple stitches in the critical areas...

• Member Contributer

I agree that the Bilt stuff is crap and I don't know why in the world anyone would sacrifice that kind of protection for price. That is my main concern. CG's Sedici brand seems to be a little bit better but the more looking I am doing, the more I am leaning towards a Joe Rocket suit separates or something equivalent.

Archived