First Gear Customer Service Rocks

marriedman

In preparation for an upcoming Rally I was thinking about the things that I would need for the trip. Rain gear jumped in my mind immediately. Then I remembered that I don't have the rain covers for the Firstgear Silverstone luggage I bought last year.

I went to their website looking to buy some replacements, but couldn't find any. So I turned to google. Nada. So I go back to the website and send an email off asking where I can buy them. Within 20 minutes I get an email back from Nick Bell asking for my address. I assume it was to check my registration of the products. I dutifully give him the information. 6 minutes later, I get another email from him saying they are on their way. bugey.gif

Didn't check my registration or anything. Just what is your address and they're on their way. Didn't even ask me to pay shipping! Now THAT'S how to make someone a lifelong and diehard customer! Buy First Gear! thumb.gif

Very cool.

I lost the plastic snappy thing that holds my shoei chin strap on, and out of the way so it doesn't flop in the wind, and emailed shoei to buy a replacement.

They tossed one in an envelope and mailed it out to me, gratis!

• Member Contributer

Frog Togs did the same for me with a repair kit and a replacement stuff bag for Road Toad suit. Excellent service and I am dry!

• Member Contributer

I once emailed Otterbox and asked them "what if" the top part of the box got damaged, could it be replaced separately? Without really answering the question they asked for my address and sent me an entire replacement box!

Great service, but I was actually just researching the possibility of buying one colour box and putting a different colour lid on it--I hadn't actually purchased one yet! (Yes, I felt really bad when I realised their mistake... :blush: ...but I've since purchased about five of their boxes, so I don't feel so bad any more!)

Ciao,

Archived