More Bling

Guest scottlander

thats powerbronze.....the carbon look aint to pretty..i went with a black puig.there is a really nice genuine carbon hugger on ebay right now..the quality of this fender is very good.

I saw that Ebay CF hugger. Could be just the way the pic was taken, but it does look a bit on the short side, which is why I got the PB version. We'll see. If I don't like it, I can always paint it.

• Member Contributer

Looks pretty. Keeps the junk off the rear shock. Not missing anything.

Some people just put a bit of flexible rubber sheeting to protect the shock from debris. Some bikes have a bit of protection, but not always enough.

Mostly bing. Besides keeping the undertail and shock area clean, I've heard some claim that on some bikes, a rear hugger help with engine cooling by limiting the amount of air pressure created by the spinning rear tire, which supposedly might impede natural flow of hot air coming off of, say, the rear cylinder of an air-cooled twin. Weak argument I think.

• Member Contributer

Not sure if it helps cooling, but when I put the hugger on my Fifth Gen I definitely noticed that my right leg/foot felt warmer.

So it did redirect some airflow in some way...

Got this today...

How does this part look on the underneath side? Is it pure carbon all the way through the part? Or does it appear to be perhaps fiberglass underneath?

Thanks in advance.

Got it for 140......they had a 24 days of christmas sale,ight still be going....hurry though

Just checked.....still listed at 140.....more than likely it will go up on the 2nd

• Member Contributer

I wouldn't even question if it affected the air flow along the back of the engine. Air flow isn't exactly the easiest thing to predict, especially when things are moving around. Race cars have the wheel wells designed to help with the pressure build up from the boundary layer from the wheels rotating against the airflow. Remember, a rotating cylinder creates lift in a free airstream.

Here's a quick example of a box with air flowing over the open top. Notice all the little vortices flowing against the main vortex.

c20000.jpg

Like i said....it looks the nuts and thats all i care about.....if i was worried about weight savings id lay off the beer and hot wings!!

Archived