85 Vf1000R Muffler Id?

FromMaine

• Member Contributer

post-19876-0-28498500-1356574455.jpg

post-19876-0-91615700-1356574589.jpg

Can anyone ID these mufflers? I cannot find anything on them to idenify who made them.

I bought this bike as a non runner in the Spring of this year. Had to leave to go overseas to work for 3 months so did not get around to getting it going until early June. Was surprised at how well the bike ran (I know she looks like a dog) and at the sound of the cans. Nice medium rumble when idling, not obnoxious at speed, but you know there is a V4 in the vicinity.

I ended up riding the bike cross country from Maine to Calf. and back mid June to early July and was asked by many riders along the way who made the cans. I could only shrug my shoulders. Reason I'm asking is I have another VFKR and VF750F with Kerkers and would ditch them in a heartbeat if i could find another set of these for them.

They are aluminum, and have welded end caps so no idea what they have for baffles.

Have asked this question on the V4 BBS with no definitive answer and the VF1000R forum which is, well, quiet.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

• Member Contributer
those are COBRA f1 mufflers .

later models has a "modern" look ,

i had a set on my vf1000r.

Thank you very much. I have heard of and seen pics F1's but dont recall ever seeing a pair on a V4. I also had no idea they were made by Cobra. Amazing what the right piece of info can do.

I had a quick look on Google and see what you mean, there appear to be some early models that look like mine but the newer ones are different. The older types also appear to be scarcer than Kerkers on ebay, so it looks like I'll have to search a bit.

Many thanks again.

The right side reminds me a lot of the F1s that I had on my '87 Hurricane 1000.... But he left side doesn't remind me of them, might just be the angle of the photo. I agree that they are probably F1s.

Archived