Which Sprockets?

awacs

• Member Contributer

Yeah, sorry guys -- the oldest, most tired question. I'm going to get the big dog DID x-ring chain for my 5th gen, the chain rated for 1400CC bikes. What sprockets are recommended? Stock gearing is jeeeest fine.

I was looking at an old thread (that I started :rolleyes: ) but the helpful links that were posted are now dead links.

Thanks (again),

Aram

Yeah, sorry guys -- the oldest, most tired question. I'm going to get the big dog DID x-ring chain for my 5th gen, the chain rated for 1400CC bikes. What sprockets are recommended? Stock gearing is jeeeest fine.

I was looking at an old thread (that I started :rolleyes: ) but the helpful links that were posted are now dead links.

Thanks (again),

Aram

Just make sure they are steel. Aluminum is lighter but wears quicker. Drop a tooth pn the frt.procket, you will like it.

Your not going to beat the life of the stock sprockets, but Id buy the stock front OEM sprocket and buy the aftermarket sunstar steel, which is the stock rear sprocket, but in aftermarket should be cheaper.

• Member Contributer

I put a new stock 6th gen front sprocket on my 5th gen and LOVE IT!!! -1 tooth for more pull and has the stock Honda rubbery stuff to keep vibrations down

:fing02:

Archived