Top Case Shake

ninjadoc

So i installed the top case, i must be honest in saying one of the main reason for going for a top case was to have a place for gopro mount with different view. And i recorded a video, but alas the top case shakes so much that it even topples the gopro. IS the case supposed to shake so much or am i making some mistake in installation? I just bolted the cradle on its place with the bolt from the side cases which i already installed. Is this the right way to do it?

• Member Contributer

All three of the topboxes that I have ridden behind have shaken so much that I have initially feared that something was wrong. I think they'd make terrible camera mounts.

At the risk of a hijack: any suggestions for creative 6th Gen Hero mounts? I thought that my hard bags would work well, until the camera fell off! Fortunately we were still in the parking lot.

At the risk of a hijack: any suggestions for creative 6th Gen Hero mounts? I thought that my hard bags would work well, until the camera fell off! Fortunately we were still in the parking lot.

Looking for a high overhead rear perspective? A modified tripod could work.

• Member Contributer

Top of the helmet works good if you get a swivel mount you can reverse direction on the fly. If you are looking for the "butt cam" perspective that includes you the rider in the frame, I would fashion something that mounts to the top rack without the box on. You can also try and stuff some hard rubber shims between the box and the mount and see if that squelches the bouncing. I just think it's a spot on the bike that moves a lot like the last car on a roller coaster sort of deal.

• Member Contributer

Thank you both. I have no top box (and never will, at least not on a VFR), and am thinking of something I can strap to the grab handles. I'll see what i can build.

Archived