Blasting and Powder Coating wheels in Oklahoma...where?

2thdr

• Member Contributer

Has anyone gotten their wheels blasted and powder coated in Oklahoma, preferably the Oklahoma City area?

• Member Contributer

I have a bead blaster, Steve. A big one. I can't do powdercoating for you, but if you need any clean-up stuff like media blasting or light machining, I have a little spare time each day at work for small "government projects".

• Member Contributer

I have a bead blaster, Steve. A big one. I can't do powdercoating for you, but if you need any clean-up stuff like media blasting or light machining, I have a little spare time each day at work for small "government projects".

Awesome! When it's time for a tire change, I may be hitting you up for that...Thanks! BTW, I'm a government employee...does that count? :huh:

• Member Contributer

Haha, happy to help. We call personal work "government projects" because the work is normally more of a pain than we planned on and doesn't pay well. Ha!

Let me ask my buddy at the shop who he had do his wheels on his Camaro. Had them coated in white. The place he went did a good job I thought... especially on a 4 thousand dollar set of wheels.

• Member Contributer

Haha, happy to help. We call personal work "government projects" because the work is normally more of a pain than we planned on and doesn't pay well. Ha!

Let me ask my buddy at the shop who he had do his wheels on his Camaro. Had them coated in white. The place he went did a good job I thought... especially on a 4 thousand dollar set of wheels.

That would be great...really appreciate it. Look forward to finally putting a face to all the posts and work you are doing for this weekend. I am really stoked!!

• Member Contributer

Got the first quote in:

Topps Powder Coating in OKC: $85 per wheel to media blast and powder coat in their stock colors.

I will ask if there is a discount if the blasting is already done.

Got the first quote in:

Topps Powder Coating in OKC: $85 per wheel to media blast and powder coat in their stock colors.

I will ask if there is a discount if the blasting is already done.

Just for a reference, the guy near me charges $80/set to strip and powdercoat. I know another guy about an hour away that charges $100/set to strip, powdercoat, and clearcoat.

Not that it would be cheaper to ship them somewhere less expensive, just wanted to give you an idea of other pricing in a different area.

• Member Contributer

I paid Euro 70, that includes removing the tire from the rim, blast and coat and the tire re-mounted and balanced.

If I'd handed in the rim alone, it would be Euro 50

Archived