Frankenviffer or street fighter

Guest daemontrym

Guest daemontrym

When I bought my 95 in 2008 it was in pristine condition, than 2 years later everything went down hill with a slight crack in the tail. I plastifix plastic welded the rear tail as one solid piece and had no issues ever since. The side fairings had the mounting tabs break off during a ride on a bumpy mountain road. After I fixed that(fine for another year), A couple of weeks ago I come back from a ride to find out I am missing a big chunk out of both side fairings below the naca duct and the nacaducts were very brittle, When I took the side fairings off they were very brittle and fell apart as I took them off.

Long story short I know affording new side fairings, lower center fairing, and lower side fairings are out of the question.

So I am thinking about doing a 6th Gen tail with CBR front body work, or street fightering it out getting rid of the front fairing.

This is my 4th motorcycle and I have never seen, heard, or dealt with anything like things before.

Problem with plastics is, they are an organic material that will continue to deteriorate over time due to outgassing, UV exposure and vibrational stresses. Eventually, all the ABS fairings will crumble to pieces on all bikes that have them.

Only solution would be to replace them with something more repairable like fiberglass........I already have an Airtech one piece fiberglass tail section faring for my 4th gen put aside for what is inevitable. Thinking of getting the front sections too when I can afford them.

Beck

95 VFR

The reason why I cannot really go back to stock is the LSL kit I installed before my bike AZ failed emissions. The kit fits the 4th gen fine but the instructions are only for a 1990-1993 VFR, so where to cut and how far is way different.

I am thinking frankenviffer as well with a delkevic cbr front fairing and a 6th gen tail when I can afford it.

This bike will surely become a labor of love, as I have owned many nere bikes, but this one is my favorite.

I have had a 2004 Suzuki Katana 750, 2006 Yamaha Fz6, and a 2007 Yamaha R6 prior to picking up my VFR.

Archived