Question on OEM Hard Cases?

When you purchase the hard cases, the reflectors are included. I agree w/ you, I think they look like crap so I didn't install them. Can you believe the instructions tell you to drill holes in your brand new, shiny $1000 hard bags? No way jose!

I ordered mine from Europe (UK) and they did not come with the reflector. If the US bags come with the refelectors for you to install, it seems Honda is being nice and offering us the "option" of not installing the stoopid reflectors. The bags are nice although not that big. Well built and easy to use though. I like how easy they come off and leave no trace. Ride safe.

Mark

Mine are still in the plastic bags they came in as well. No freakin way I'm drilling holes in those boxes. It made me sick to my stomach to do it to the top box to install the backrest pad.

• Member Contributer

Same deal for the Canadian bags, in the event someone wonders about it in future (assuming you don't let a dealer or anyone else assemble them for you).

I have the side cases, and yep, they were ordered, and installed by my dealership. That said, I don't really mind the reflectors, but concede the fact the bike would look better without them.

The cases work well (when I use them), but are on the small side. I'm going to take another stab at fitting my fullface Shoei in the larger side. It would be great to stow the helmet and jacket when off the bike and walking around.

I like the looks of the topcase, but don't feel compelled to cough up the cash, just yet.

When you're on the bike, you can't see the luggage anyway, right?!

I have the side cases, and yep, they were ordered, and installed by my dealership. That said, I don't really mind the reflectors, but concede the fact the bike would look better without them.

The cases work well (when I use them), but are on the small side. I'm going to take another stab at fitting my fullface Shoei in the larger side. It would be great to stow the helmet and jacket when off the bike and walking around.

I like the looks of the topcase, but don't feel compelled to cough up the cash, just yet.

When you're on the bike, you can't see the luggage anyway, right?!

FYI...my large Arai profile will just fit in the right case.

FWIW, both my Schuberth C3 and Shark Vision-R fit in there no problem.

As for the OP, I'm from Europe and it's the first time I've seen/heard about the reflectors. They weren't included when I ordered my sidebags.

I'd order them with the specific instructions not to have them installed if I was you.

• Member Contributer

I just ordered my set from David Silver Spares (UK) and they said that they are not included in the European models. So no worries. The side cases aren't even available here in the US until Dec. 2012 (Back order) Honda has ordered 200 sets. They are available in Europe, if anyone needs a set. You'll have to email: sales@davidsilverspares.co.uk for any info and pricing.

I ordered mine from Europe (UK) and they did not come with the reflector. If the US bags come with the refelectors for you to install, it seems Honda is being nice and offering us the "option" of not installing the stoopid reflectors. The bags are nice although not that big. Well built and easy to use though. I like how easy they come off and leave no trace. Ride safe.

Mark

I also got mine from the UK and there are no reflectors in that set. An earlier post on this forum said that when they had the dealer install the bags (in the US, I believe), the dealer drilled in the reflectors so I would suggest "installing" the bags yourself - which simply involves attaching the rubber mount covers and setting the lock tumblers, which was actually quite easy to do and gave me a lesson in how locks work.

• Forum CEO

I over filled my top bag and the swinging mechanism looked busted. I removed the 4 screws that hold the telescoping latches and removed them. I had a rivet that had come loose and was sitting in the hole sideways, jackknifed in there, and the metal was a little bent. I put the rivet back into place and pounded a punch in the hole and peened the rivet out a bit so it would lock in place - all fixed! I also straitened the bent stamped part a bit too.

Archived