Is Temporary and CHEAP Paint.... possible? Yes, Plasti Dip!!!

Teacher

Okay, okay, so photochopped and VFR light trickery aside, is temporary and cheap paint possible? I didn't even know about this product, but after watching tons of youtube videos and reviews online, I'm thinking I'm going to have to PLASTI DIP my VFR!!!

But wait... before I do that, has anyone here done it before? There have been whole cars done with Plasti Dip and it looks incredible! Check it out here: http://www.dipyourcar.com/

Videos to prove Plasti Dip is amazing:

GT-R painted yellow and black:

BMW M3 painted matte white:

GTi painted matte black: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7uT4dTMUEA&feature=relmfu

I'm thinking that even if I mess up, which is the coolest part of Plasti Dip, I can always just peel it off and start again! Other cool part is that if I'm tired of it, I can just peel it off and change the color. There seems to be tons of colors out there that you can really go crazy without spending hundreds of dollars on real, permanent vehicle paint.

Suggestions, comments, questions, advice?

Thanks!

- teacher

My roommate did every piece of trim on his mini cooper, since it was all that platic chrome stuff. Did it in black and it turned out so nice, I could not believe it. Sure enough, it pulls right off. I decided to do the same to the grills on my GTO, and man its cool. I resists rock chips like a forcefield. I am curious as to how it would turn out on the large scale, like a bike or car in person, because pictures never give you the full detail.

But... if a fool with an M3 or GT-R would plasti dip his car after spending more then I make in a year +, with a >$10 rattle can, why the heck not. I dropped my bike trying emergency manuvers in a parking lot (found out how much presure to lock the front brake :goofy:) so keep me updated. I have a left side of a bike that I could see going flat black. Call her 2 face... or I could lay a graphic. But wouldn't it be cool to have people do a double take every time they walk by in a parking lot... Just sayin...

Let me know what happens brother,

EM

• Member Contributer

This is my fall project. My Jeep will be murdered out... flat black.

Just got it... it's beige. We can't let that happen. The VFR will meet plasti dip soon as well, buddy at work did some pieces of his z1000 and it looks stonking amazing.

When I get around to it I plan on plasti dipping my silver hard bags white to match the bike better. If you go online you can get more colours, otherwise Homedepot and ACE hardware carry it in black.

• Member Contributer

Can you wash this like you can regular paint? I would presume you can't use a net told things down for risk of peeling the paint, correct?

• Member Contributer

Can you wash this like you can regular paint? I would presume you can't use a net told things down for risk of peeling the paint, correct?

I'm a hockey goalie and some guy on a goalie forum I belong to used it on his cage (i.e. on his mask, not his car). He said it withstood pucks so I would think it is durable enough to handle a net. I was thinking about doing my cage red but never thought to apply it to bike parts.

Archived