Good/Bad

Yokel

• Member Contributer

Good:

Got some PR3's not long ago on the VFR1200.

Bad:

After 1500 miles, picked up a nail in the rear tire.

Good:

The shop I took it to for the new tires happened to be open and on the way home the morning I noticed the nail.

Bad:

They told me I've gotta replace the tire and didn't have one in stock.

Good:

They left the nail IN the tire and didn't plug the hole. (nail at a steep angle in the tread.)

Bad:

There's a stinking NAIL IN MY TIRE and it's leaking air.

Good:

Today, the tire will be delivered.

Bad:

Had to leave the bike at the shop.

Good:

A friend who works there swapped me for his triumph with fancy-pants flat-sided carburetors on it. That bike shouldn't be that fast.

Gotta love a mechanic that loans you HIS bike while yours is getting wrenched on.

Gotta hate a pretty much brand-new tire falling victim to a careless carpenter.

Sorry it happened to you........... I've had that happen two times lately............. and I pick my paths to try and limit the %'s of that happening...........

• Member Contributer

Had the same thing happen to a new Avon a few years back. My local shop plugged the tire and Avon gave me a brand new one. I think they are the only manufacturer that has this good a warranty (regarding road hazards, anyway). I would have loaned you a bike Jon.

• Member Contributer

Yeah, not sure why moto-tire manufacturers don't do the road hazard thing... I get that we go through them pretty fast, but sure would be nice not to have every farking nail on the road cost 270 bucks.

Ernie, I'd never borrow one of your scoots. I'd probably be immediately addicted to the gear whine and have to upgrade. ;)

I've never had an issue with a plugged tire on a Bike in the last 150,000 miles and over 50 sets of tires.

I would get the tire back from the dealer and give it to a fellow member who will plug it and run it. :rolleyes:

I know some people just don't trust a plugged tire. :ph34r:

BR

Archived