ENGINE TEMPERATURE FAN CUT IN POINT

Guest FROSTIE

Guest FROSTIE

I got into a traffic jam with my 93 VFR and my temperature gauge was agout 3/4 of the way up in the temerature range ( it never got into the red) yet the fan never came on I was wondering at what point the fan should come on.

About halfway it should kick on. In my experience with digital readout Honda's its been on at 216F or thereabouts and will turn itself off at 212F. If yours went that high I'd say unless your gauge is faulty, your fan isn't working right.

The fan should kick in at around 95C (that's somewhere between halfway and three quarter on my VFR's temp gauge. You can check if the fan is still working by bypassing the fan motor switch which is located on the rear left of the radiator. Bypassing is done by shorting the fan motor switch wire to ground.

The fan should kick in at around 95C (that's somewhere between halfway and three quarter on my VFR's temp gauge. You can check if the fan is still working by bypassing the fan motor switch which is located on the rear left of the radiator. Bypassing is done by shorting the fan motor switch wire to ground.

Thanks for your help I will sort it to ground

About halfway it should kick on. In my experience with digital readout Honda's its been on at 216F or thereabouts and will turn itself off at 212F. If yours went that high I'd say unless your gauge is faulty, your fan isn't working right.

Thanks for your help

• Member Contributer

FYI, the switch point is usually marked on the body of the switch, in C.

Ciao,

• 2 weeks later...

So . . . does your fan work?

I have not had a chance to check it out I will probably get to it this weekend

I shorted the fan to ground and the fan came on I will order a new sender to be safe.

I shorted ou the fan wire to ground and the fan is working I have ordered a new sender to be safe thanks for your help.

Archived