04 "miss" between 4-5k rpm?

Guest UGAVFR

Guest UGAVFR

Greetings all! New member. 1st post.

04'-15k mi.. Engine and electrical are stock. Harness recall repair performed.

Apologies in advance if this has been covered in previous posts but search terms showed no results.

I'm experiencing an unusual engine "miss" between 4-5k rpms. Evident in all gears and most noticeable under low engine load through this range. Engine and ambient temps are consistently associated with this condition. More apparent at higher ambient temps.. Develops at 75 deg./ F and becomes progressively worse up through the 90s with engine temps > 180.

Changed plugs because I had a new set on the shelf. K&N air filter is clean. I've heard conversation referencing the fuel pressure regulator.

Anyone been down this road?

If you are talking about the dead spot in the throttle at those rpm's, buy a power commander and change the fuel map. This is a fate of many many 6th gen VFR's. There are tons of post on here somewhere. You will also find it helps the off-idle response. I got a used PC out of the classified's here and have been very happy with it.

Thanks guys. Tuned back in this evening and, of course, stumbled upon the " surging... " post. I knew this had to have been discussed somewhere already.

I'll look into a PC.

• Member Contributer

Thanks guys. Tuned back in this evening and, of course, stumbled upon the " surging... " post. I knew this had to have been discussed somewhere already.

I'll look into a PC.

If you install the PCIII USB, download the Cozye map from VFRD.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/files/file/18-official-cozy-map-cozye-ver5djm-famous-vtec-pc3-usb-map/

If you go to the PCV, I have no idea how to set it up, but I'm sure others will.

Archived