VFR 1200f Year 2010 Ram mount

leo

Hi everyone,

I looked on line for a Ram Mount that can attache on the clutch reservouar. To mu surprise RAM does not have one for my VFR. What did you do on your bikes?

• Member Contributer

I am really surprised to hear this. The Zumos all come with a "universal" clutch RAM mount so RAM must have it. Cant really confirm if it will work on the VFR as I have the DCT. i have this on my bike. Its central and allows my Zumo 660 to sit centrally.

• Member Contributer

I'm using the standard RAM arm that came with the zumo 660, attached to the clutch resevoir, with no problem... Did yours not come with that?

Edit: sorry, just noticed you have nuvi not a zumo. But you should be able to get the standard arm from RAM i would think. if you need a picture I can take one.

I just installed the one that Ram provides for clutch installation reservouar that I had from my 2009 Sprint St and it is just fine.

• Member Contributer

I just installed the one that Ram provides for clutch installation reservouar that I had from my 2009 Sprint St and it is just fine.

Good to hear. Nice to see a 7th gen in the neighbourhood. I saw my first one in the wild last week in Ellicotville, NY. Have yet to see one in Canada, although there are of course some around (including a few members on here).

• 1 month later...

post-25247-0-54640700-1343325043.jpg

Techmount do a universal stem mount kit that comes with differant stem sizes. I have mounted my Zumo 660 into a Touratech lockable cradle and this then fits to the stem mount. It's spot on for veiwing! The stem mount will adapt for GPS cell phones, radar detectors and more.

I have the 309-7U with a 4" bar, on the brake reservoir (no clutch...). Do keep in mind that the bracket is thick and has huge spacers, it will hit the tank unless you file off the corner. I use mine for a radar detector, I'd go techmount on the stem if I was going to do gps.

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy,

I use the Ram stem mount on my bike. It works great. The Zumo is easy to read and clears the gauges and tank bag. It is a bit close to the ignition key (why did Honda make the damn key so long anyway?) but I can live with that. The mount is solid too.

Ram stem mount here:

http://www.rammount....85/Default.aspx

Good luck!

ß!

post-25644-0-65504100-1344052223.jpg

post-25644-0-58383200-1344052234.jpg

• Member Contributer

I made my stem mounts with a long fine pitch bolt, washers, a nut and a rubber spacer (less than a $1.00).

I have done this now on both of my bikes two different ways:

1. Buy this and use the above bolt/nut/washers and rubber spacer: http://www.rammount.com/CatalogResults/PartDetails/tabid/63/partid/082065077045066045051054055085/Default.aspx

*Just order the ram mount to fit your device and whatever extension you want and replace the allen bolt in the above kit with a long screw, a nut, washers and rubber spacer.

Insert into stem with washers on both sides of rubber and nut after you put screw through ball, works great and much cheaper than Ram's stem mount kit.

2. I have also used this with long bolt and rubber spacer which is a better solution as it gives you much more position flexibility:

http://www.rammount.com/CatalogResults/PartDetails/tabid/63/partid/082065077045066045051054048085/Default.aspx

Here is the #2 setup on my VFR:

gallery_24825_6413_1279365.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm using the standard RAM arm that came with the zumo 660, attached to the clutch resevoir, with no problem... Did yours not come with that?

Edit: sorry, just noticed you have nuvi not a zumo. But you should be able to get the standard arm from RAM i would think. if you need a picture I can take one.

Be great if you could post a picture, I've just bought a Zumo 660 and yet to have it installed on my VFR1200. I was going to use a centre ram mount but wonder if the clutch mount would be less obstructive. How happy have you been

Archived