Added fuse block, powerlet and Signal Dynamics Heads-Up to '95

Guest kayaktom

Guest kayaktom

Hi all,

I thought someone might benefit from a few photos of the electrical additions I made to my '95 this weekend, mainly because I when was looking for photos of options I didn't find too much.

First the Blue Sea Systems 6-circuit fuse block mounted under the seat near the tail end of the bike. There's a relay near the battery, so all the circuits are switched power. It makes for longer wiring runs, but a fairly clean install, and I like having accessories on switched power.

post-24668-0-84717100-1337556260.jpg

Next was the powerlet socket, installed on the left middle fairing, where it will be out of the way for heated gear, or a run up to a tank bag or RAM mounted GPS. I didn't care for the steering stem mount for the heated vest since the cord would run across the tank. There's really no weight on the setup, so I'm not too worried about stressing the ABS.

post-24668-0-61806000-1337556397.jpg

Finally, the SD heads-up LED display, mounted on the inside of the left windshield support area, near where the mount for the mirror is. I wanted it noticable, but not part of the main dash, particularly if it becomes a distraction and I want to take it out later.

Unlit:

post-24668-0-70522400-1337556519.jpg

Lit:

post-24668-0-66048000-1337556560.jpg

Hope this helps someone looking for mounting/install ideas. There's a more detailed write-up here: http://kayaktom.com/.../#!lightbox/2/.

- Tom

You should have hidden it.

I have mine in the left vent under the seat.

I put a toggle switch for the heated grips in the left side of the upper.

It is extremely hard for me to drill the stock plastic.

Once you do it, there is a hole forever.

And 18-16 year old fairing panels are so hard to find in good condition.

• Member Contributer

Good work!

I added my LED HUD to the Dash right under the windscreen. That little rubbery plasticy bit. Just punched a whole thru it.

• Member Contributer

ea0dca72.jpg

For the Powerlet socket I made a small bracket and fitted it near the oem fusebox.

Archived