Chain and Sprocket Time - Opinions

• Member Contributer

Still assembling parts to get ready to put her back together after a fairly complete disassembly. Time to order chain and sprockets. I found this set for what seems to be a good price.

http://www.jcmotors.com/p-17022-rk-racing-oe-chain-and-sprocket-kits-for-honda-vfr750f-90-97.aspx

Opinions? Brand, price, seller, etc.

That's exactly the kit I put on my VFR last year. Pretty sure I used that seller too. Everything was fine except that I messed up my first try riveting the master link and cracked the rivets. Had to order a replacement master link off E-bay.

The chain and sprockets seem to be really good quality and I haven't had any issues with anything in about 6K miles.

• Member Contributer

Is that an oiler, Timmy?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a tool for the rivet link that doesn't cost a bazillion bucks?

• Member Contributer

I can't speak to JC Motors as a hardware seller, but they're the same company the runs motorcycleshippers.com.

I used them in 2005 to ship my 5th gen from California to in Hawaii.

Excellent experience. Very friendly and helpful staff.

• 2 weeks later...

I used a nail punch and a hammer to start the rivet then used a C-Clamp and BB to flare it a little more. Probably not the best way to go about it but, worked for me. I still check the master link before I ride and mid way through if it's a long ride.

Archived