Inexpensive Front Suspension Mods?

realistdreamer

• Member Contributer

If you want another opinion, here's a shop that "Road Rider" in San Jose referred me to (just up the street from them).

http://superbikeperformance.com/

I thought there was another local called "Aftershocks" or something but can't find them.

I'm about 5 k miles from my next service and will be looking for a new tech since the passing of Lindemann Engineering (RIP)

so I'll be in market. Or I may do the fluid flush myself since I removed and replaced the forks last time.

At the time that LE did mine and our talk of my riding habits (similar to yours) he suggested springs and fluid only. (RaceTech valves would be overkill for the applicaton)

I did replace the rear shock at the time and have been happy with the results

I go to church a few blocks from Road Rider so they gave me the card for Superbike a few weeks ago. Trying to cultivate a relationship with an honest mechanic closer to home as not sure I want or should ride that far for some repairs. Using Fastline Cycles in Fremont. We'll see. Good rep on Yelp and knowledgeable on the phone.

Wish I was closer to Bobby Simon who specializes on VFRs in Emeryville.

BTW, I was passed by another 2000 VFR while in my cage today. Boy was I jealous. :pissed:

Archived