Eyeglasses & Fogging

• Member Contributer

Monk, you had me there. I thought you were trolling us by posting pics of you wearing contacts. When you see it ...

Did you make it yourself? Out of what? I need one badly.

Monk, you had me there. I thought you were trolling us by posting pics of you wearing contacts. When you see it ...

Did you make it yourself? Out of what? I need one badly.

I cut some leather to fit the way I wanted, then after I had it where I wanted it, I took it out and soaked in water and replaced and shaped to fit again and let dry.

Now I can flip it up(the leather) to put the helmet on and flip it down on my face and go.

• Member Contributer

Just to be clear, it's my eyeglasses that fog up, more so than the shield. When the shield starts to fog up I can crack the visor but now that I am wearing regular eyeglasses, they fog up a lot more than the shield does. Not sure if soap or shaving cream would be advisable on eyeglasses .. or am I wrong? I am going to try to come up with a deflector of some sort because riding to work in the morning is a challenge when you can't exhale. :huh:

Just to be clear, it's my eyeglasses that fog up,

Yep.

I am going to try to come up with a deflector of some sort because riding to work in the morning is a challenge when you can't exhale. :huh:

Respro Foggy Breathguard

• Member Contributer

some shaving creams and some dishwashing liquids can lift (as in separate from the lens surface) certain coatings on lenses.

The best bet is contact lenses! Daily wear lenses are fairly inexpensive.........I wear them for longer rides and usually toss them

at the end of the day.

That's why I made the custom breath guard was for when I wear glasses and it works, For my face shield I crack it open as well.

Lees 2002's......... post with guard is probably a better choice..... when I made mine, there was nothing on the market(that I could find).

:offtopic: Speaking of which, I know they make covers to block out the bottom of the helmet, but haven't found one that is workable for a flip up helmets..... Anyone?

• Member Contributer

Just to be clear, it's my eyeglasses that fog up, more so than the shield. When the shield starts to fog up I can crack the visor but now that I am wearing regular eyeglasses, they fog up a lot more than the shield does. Not sure if soap or shaving cream would be advisable on eyeglasses .. or am I wrong? I am going to try to come up with a deflector of some sort because riding to work in the morning is a challenge when you can't exhale. :huh:

Depends how long you rise for. Go faster!!

• Member Contributer

Ian,

How about contacts? They're cheap nowadays. And there's Always lasik... If you don't mind smelling your eyeballs burning for a few minutes during surgery...

C

lasik was something I looked into but was told it wouldn't do any good for my eyes(don't know why, but figured they'd do it for the money if they could), so there are ppl out here that can't, or it's just me :rolleyes:

Never wore contacts either, but don't want to...... Not saying I'm right... JMO.......

• Member Contributer

Ian,

How about contacts? They're cheap nowadays. And there's Always lasik... If you don't mind smelling your eyeballs burning for a few minutes during surgery...

C

Lasik may be something on the horizon but I'm not sure if my eyes are suitable having myopia, presbyopia and astigmatism. Contacts won't work because of this combination as it would leave me without any near vision. Man, I sound like a wreck but honestly, it's not that bad. I can actually function without glasses but they bring the distance into clear focus which, on a motorbike, is obviously desirable.

• Member Contributer

Ian,

C

Lasik may be something on the horizon but I'm not sure if my eyes are suitable having myopia, presbyopia and astigmatism. Contacts won't work because of this combination as it would leave me without any near vision. Man, I sound like a wreck but honestly, it's not that bad. I can actually function without glasses but they bring the distance into clear focus which, on a motorbike, is obviously desirable.

Boy, you DO sound like a wreck!! :laughing6-hehe: sorry, just kidding. I'm right behind you man. I can't see anything from far away (Nothing!!) and I've got astigmatism too. The eye doctor said that hyperopia or farsightedness was to be expected for next year, but I guess that's the price you have to pay to look like an absent-minded genius/intellectual. Ok, maybe it's only for the absent-minded part... This being said, I'm all in favor of low-tech solutions and I'm interested in this thread since the very few times I had to ride in a cooler weather (I do not normally ride in winter) I did experience fogged up glasses and didn't appreciate not being able to see the road. Not one bit!!!

Just a thought: any ski mask out there that may work??

C

PS Just for the record, they can set one up with one lens for nearsightedness and the other one for farsightedness and it is supposed to work fine after a short adjustment period for you brain. Again, just saying. Personally, I would prefer the low-tech solution of a deflector, but I thought people should know.

Archived