New rubber for 2012 from the Manufactures

keny

Well time to see what new rubber the companys has to offer for us users.

Have to say they have not been on the laczy side, spechally not for the sport rubbers. I have also menthion if it comes in a170/60-17 rear for 4th and 3rd gens, but as i know a 3rd gen comes whit a 5,5 wide rear rim, so a 180/55 rear is no problem to run.

:lurk:

Dunlop RoadSmart2

roadsmart_2.jpg

Dunlop upgrade its popular sporttuoring tire.

Comes lather in 2012 in rear for 4th and 3rd gens (170/60-17)

Continental Sport Attack 2

sportattack_2_uv,property=originalBig.gif

Conti upgrades its stickier rubber to look more like the RoadAttack2 that came last year. Proberly more upgrades than just the look, like the "traction skin" that supose to give you full grip from first ride, no scrub in needed. (I have tried the RoadAttack2:s that has the traction skin also, and indeed feels secure frim first meter!) Sorry 3rd and 4th gen owners, not a 170/60-17 rear size.

Bridgestone Battlax S20

Bridgestone-Battlax-S20.jpg

Bridgestone comes whit a new rubber in the hypersport segment whit the S20 side by side whit the BT016 PRO. Will also come in a 170/60-17 rear for the 4th and 3rd gens!

Avon 3D ULTRA Sport / Supersport / Ultra-Extreme

56199.67618.file.eng.Avon-3D-Ultra-Sport-setsmall.620.624.jpg

avon_3d.jpg

Avon uppgrades its sport/trackday rubber also for 2012

Only 180/55-17 rear for the 5th gens on, no 170/60-17

Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa in 180/60ZR17 size!

0000-Pirelli-Diablo-Rosso-Corsa-Rear-Tire---.jpg

This is not perhaps a big new for us VFR owners, or is it?

I have now idea if it will fit a VFR? Intresting thro.

Pirelli says this:

"180/60 sized rear to road use in the form of the Diablo Rosso Corsa, high-performance tyres on the road but also perfect for track sessions and designed for modern faired and naked bikes. The Diablo Rosso Corsa uses the technology matured by Pirelli in the FIM Supersport World Championship, fined-tuned for road use through a proven process of transferring racing technology to high performance sporty products for the road. The new size is able to offer more riding comfort, more regular wear, a greater smoothness during lean-in and a faster recovery out of corners.

The Diablo Rosso Corsa’s proven profiles and structures have established this tyre as a benchmark in the segment due to an excellent support provided at lean and the quick recovery out of corners. Made with the latest design technologies EPT (Enhanced Patch Technology) developed in WSBK and matched with a three compound zone rear tyre to optimize the contact area and thus maximize grip on the road and track. These elements help offer a tyre which provides a surprisingly excellent track performance and greater responsiveness on the road for incredible bike control in all situations.

The tyre’s construction and profile provide maximum agility and control, providing better support under full lean of the motorcycle. The matching 120/70ZR17 front tyre utilizes Pirelli’s patented 0° steel belt that provides maximum support during extreme braking and corner entry. The new 180/60ZR17 rear was born from Ducati’s need to have a tyre that could offer superior grip without the use of too soft compounds. It’s made with compounds in three different areas: a softer area on the shoulders (25% on each side) for maximum performance in more active riding on extreme curves and a tougher middle section to extend the useful life of the tyre.

The 180/60ZR17 rear tyre is characterized by the same width/height ratio used in national and world Supersport competitions and offers increased surface contact compared to the 180/55, ​​even more effective with its “slick” area at maximum angle. Compared to the 180/55, the tyre is approximately 8 mm wider (186 against 178) while the diameter increases by about 18 mm (630 against 648). This slightly increased height and width of the profile also increases the comfort for the rider, while the increased contact area distributes the stresses transmitted from the road surface more evenly, reducing wear of both types of compounds at the rear. The transverse grooves between the central and lateral shoulder areas of the rear tyre quickly disperse any remaining water, providing excellent grip in the wet, while the smooth center tread provides the maximum amount of rubber to the ground as possible, increasing traction during acceleration and guaranteeing straight-line stability."

And if I have forgot some, please add!

:tour:

• Member Contributer

I am assuming you couldn't find the Michelen PR2's in your size?

I have run the Pirelli Diablos, Conti Road Attacks (not the 2's though) and the Michelen PR2's on my 6th Gen. All 3 are good choices but so far I am most impressed with the PR2's for consistancy. I have the most miles total on Conti Road Attacks though. Pirelli's are just too expensive compared to the performance they provide when compared against the other tires I have used.

• Member Contributer

Nothing quite like new rubber. I am alway interested in any new tires from the major manufacturers and may try the new Bridgestone R20 when it is available.

For street riding performance it is going to be hard for anyone to top the Dunlop Q2 in the hypersport category. I would prefer to run the Diablo Rosso Corsa (my favorite tire to have on the bike), but I can get the Q2 for much less.

:tongue: You choose..............

017.jpg

:tongue:

I guess you have to chose rubber acording to condission used in :tongue:

:laugh:

• 1 month later...

Archived