Staintune Warranty Story

jimmer

Last season I decided to remove my 6'th Generation Staintune exhaust, and give it a good inspection.

When I did, I found the weld crack some members have experienced on their original design mid-pipe.

post-7988-0-10970100-1323479926.jpg

I e-mailed Shari at CBT Imports, and was told she would forward my information to Staintune, in Australia. Oh, great!!

I thought that would be the end of it, but Colin at Staintune had my photos inspected, had a new pipe fabricated (since they are no longer made), and sent it to me in Canada. It cost me $00.00!!! (nothing)!!

I was sent the u-bend pipe, with the rubber mount, so it will mate to my own mufflers.

I am very impressed with Staintune, and their customer service.

Just installed a staintune last night and the 's' configuration is no longer, it's now a straight pipe joining the two cans into the pipe down to the cat. I guess they limit the warranty claims this way. When I was looking into the system I did they guys at the factory very helpful would be nice if everyone offer such service.

• Member Contributer

Seen the same myself - I visited the staintune factory on my ducati monster on some sleepy tuesday afternoon about 10 years ago and before i knew it they had whipped off my staintune cans and took 'em inside pronto to give 'em a nice no-cost polish while I checked out their digs. Nice touch i thought.

Nevertheless, when it came time for it for my other bikes, I still couldn't justify the $s for a staintune aftermarket can on my R1200GS or on my VFR800 (when I owned her) - I really wanted to but the staintune option was finally too rich for my blood. For my BMW I recently ordered a nice Bavarian-made aftermarket system for less than half the scratch - including shipping to Oz!!

Yes, I do feel I'm a bit of a traitor :sad:

A friend of mine had the second prototype Staintune pipe on his VFR1200. The first prototype was on Australian Motorcycle News' long-term test bike. Since the AMCN bike had no centrestand, the prototype on my friend's bike was rubbing a little on his stand. Pipe was sent to Staintune, basically remade, repacked and sent back with a stand lug. Apparently all at no cost.

Megacycle Australia are still making pipes. My Dad put a nice stainless oval on his Triumph RS 955i. Looks and sounds horn. He would have gone for Staintune but they no longer make a pipe for that model.

For quality and longevity I wouldn't choose anything else. No I am not paid by Staintune. Just love their gear. It's funny though, because a few years ago I thought Staintune were "old man pipes". I am much wiser and understand the reason now.

+1 on Staintune. I recently contacted their customer service about how to deal with some scratches my heat shields placed on their cans from a recent tour. Unfortunately, I temporarily hose clamped some hi-temp aluminum heat pads between the saddlebags and the surface of the cans to keep the exhaust heat from melting the saddlebags. Upon removal there was some deep marring of the stainless surface from the bags moving around when underway. They responded by email the next day..."Not much you can do there, mate." :sad: Alas, my bad. At least they were responsive. Crap. And, so it goes as Kurt would say.

Archived