Plastic scale models of VFRs

Aegisranger

• Member Contributer

In my youth (lol) I was really into building plastic models... mostly muscle cars and anything military. Now, as winter approaches, I'm wondering if anyone makes plastic model kits of the VFR. I'd like to build one that is a 6th gen that I could paint in RWB, just like my bike. The only one I've been able to find is from Tamiya, and it's a late 80's VFR750R... nice, but not quite what I'm looking for.

Anyone know of other VFR model kits?

:tour:

• Member Contributer

In my youth (lol) I was really into building plastic models... mostly muscle cars and anything military. Now, as winter approaches, I'm wondering if anyone makes plastic model kits of the VFR. I'd like to build one that is a 6th gen that I could paint in RWB, just like my bike. The only one I've been able to find is from Tamiya, and it's a late 80's VFR750R... nice, but not quite what I'm looking for.

Both Fujimi and Tamiya have limited offerings. There may be others. I have not seen the Fujimi kits, but the Tamiya kits are very high quality.

Fujimi makes a 5th gen police bike, which to make like what we all know would require some fabrication to remove all the police bits. Tamiya makes an RC36, Honda NR and XX Blackbird kit. An ebay search such as 'Tamiya Honda NR', etc. or 'Fujimi VFR' will find 'em.

• Member Contributer

Both Fujimi and Tamiya have limited offerings. There may be others. I have not seen the Fujimi kits, but the Tamiya kits are very high quality.

Fujimi makes a 5th gen police bike, which to make like what we all know would require some fabrication to remove all the police bits. Tamiya makes an RC36, Honda NR and XX Blackbird kit. An ebay search such as 'Tamiya Honda NR', etc. or 'Fujimi VFR' will find 'em.

I've been looking for a 5th gen. I have the NR kit, still in box waiting for some motivation.

Archived