Who changes their own tires? (6th Gen)

crazybrother

NoMar Junior Pro model with and the NoMar ballancer. It has has paid for itself in less than a year! I just changed a rear tire and balanced and rotated my car tires today.

Steve and Sue at NoMar are great people. Sue is the instructor of our annual first responders course and i have seen her in action on the road, these people are part of the community.

I think, that I may go the Cycle Hill route. I have three other guy's that are interested in sharing the cost with me, so $500.00 may be the best route. I will leave it at my house, that way it will always be available to me and the wife will buy into $125.00 each vs.$500.00. I was thinking about the HF unit until I read some reviews on how cheap it is made and the lack of accessories & replacement parts.

The HF is the poor mans tire changer, I strap a tie down to hold the rim from spinning, works very well, or the thing would toatlly suck. I do need a no bar , tire bar though.

• Member Contributer

I have a HF tire "machine" with M/C attachment. I took some cut up shampoo bottles and used the plastic bits to shim the slop out of the contraption. Some more cut up bits and I have the rim protectors. For the rim holder I, again, took some plastic and heated it up, forming to the grip surface.

Went to Wallyworld and got some teflon "furniture" movers. Cut them up, epoxied them on the HF bar tool.

Works just fine. I am a cheap bastage.. hahahaahahha

I bought a set similar to this from Greg Smith Equipment about 6 years ago. I've used it to change tires on the multiple bikes I own, my truck, motorhome, etc. It's actually turned into a good cash side business for me doing tires for locals as well. I probably do 75-100 tires a year. It took about 2 years for the payback, but in the end it was well worth it. At the time they were about $2,500 delivered.

WB11-ATTC221-ATTC-MC-ATMC-KIT-2.jpg

Archived