KUDOs to GoPro

sailcycle

• Member Contributer

Hi All,

I wanted to share a very positive experience that I just had with GoPro. I bought an HD Hero from their website last January, followed by the optional LCD backpack, an extra battery, memory cards and extra mounts. It was no small purchase, but the intent was to have the camera for our annual Vermont Rape, Loot and Pillage Run. I've only used the camera a few times, but the video quality and the camera's flexibility are top notch.

But as luck would have it, the camera experienced a software lockup last night that it won't recover from......48 hours before our trip. I filled out the support request form on the GoPro site and received a reply that they'd get back to me within 24 - 48 hours. Ugh. Out of desperation and with low expectations, I called them this morning. And they answered!!!! We tried to troubleshoot the camera, but it was of no use. I was going to have to send my camera in for a warranty exchange.

I explained about the trip and offered to pay for an expedited shipment. After talking to a manager, GoPro agreed to FedEx a camera to me as soon as I provided them a return tracking number. I did and they did......and for free!!

I work in customer service and I'm used to lousy service, particulary on consumer goods. But this experience was stellar. I wasn't even routed to Bob or Sally in Bombay! So if you're in the market for a cool gadget that can extend your riding pleasure vicariously into the winter months, I heartily recommend GoPro. Ask for Hunter!

That's good to hear..... Also I'd say you knew how to use your knowledge in the field to get the proper results.........Amazing how keeping a cool head will help........

I bought a plasic gun case with a foam interier for storing my GoPro and accessories. I thought it would be cool to put a GoPro sticker on the outside of the case so I sent them a note and asked where I could buy some. The next day they replied and asked for my address so they could get some stickers in the mail to me. The following week an envelope with 6 (3 different sizes) of stickers showed up in my mail box. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

The Video Department at the school I work at is experimenting with my GoPro. They plan to go 3D HD utilizing them. I was promised a day to play on the bike with 3D when they get their stuff!

• Member Contributer

I had a very good experience with GoPro too. My camera was a few months passed warranty when the camera developed a small smudge spot on the lens that would show up in movies and pictures, I replaced the lens cover on the case to be sure it wasn't that.

So, I emailed GoPro to see about a fix figuring I have to pop for the repair. They emailed back asking that I send them a picture from the camera showing the issue, I emailed them one. In a followup email back they asked for the proof of purchase, I didn't have it, I explained it was a xmass gift and that I figured it was off warranty. What I was really wanting was to just get an estimate on a repair to see if it was even worthwhile. They said send the camera to them, I did. They sent it back about a week later in perfect working order. The grand total for the fix was the cost of me shipping it to them!

Kudos to GoPro... yes I think so!

• Member Contributer

Hi All,

I wanted to share a very positive experience that I just had with GoPro. I bought an HD Hero from their website last January, followed by the optional LCD backpack, an extra battery, memory cards and extra mounts. It was no small purchase, but the intent was to have the camera for our annual Vermont Rape, Loot and Pillage Run. I've only used the camera a few times, but the video quality and the camera's flexibility are top notch.

But as luck would have it, the camera experienced a software lockup last night that it won't recover from......48 hours before our trip. I filled out the support request form on the GoPro site and received a reply that they'd get back to me within 24 - 48 hours. Ugh. Out of desperation and with low expectations, I called them this morning. And they answered!!!! We tried to troubleshoot the camera, but it was of no use. I was going to have to send my camera in for a warranty exchange.

I explained about the trip and offered to pay for an expedited shipment. After talking to a manager, GoPro agreed to FedEx a camera to me as soon as I provided them a return tracking number. I did and they did......and for free!!

I work in customer service and I'm used to lousy service, particulary on consumer goods. But this experience was stellar. I wasn't even routed to Bob or Sally in Bombay! So if you're in the market for a cool gadget that can extend your riding pleasure vicariously into the winter months, I heartily recommend GoPro. Ask for Hunter!

That's really nice to know. Some companies just don't get that a lousy customer service attitude turns people off and a good attitude wins customers. I had a bad experience with a well known company that makes aftermarket bodywork. I won't do business with them anymore. Had another experience with a company -- Revzilla -- that was really great and I'll happily buy from them again. More importantly, Gopro is now at the top of my list for cameras based on your post!

Archived