Givi E55 and OEM sidebags- has anyone here done it?

Guest Baymonkey

Guest Baymonkey

I've a recently acquired 2007 VFR (woo!! Took a year and a half of trolling craigslist) That needs bagging up. I like the Givi e55 tech luxury edition (I always wanted a bike with a remote!) in part because of the brake light integration. For side bags, however, oh lordy the honda bags get me going. can anyone tell me if you can put the two together? what are the best options for mounting a givi rack that will still let me use the OEM bags? I did trawl through the forum for a while looking for this, but couldn't find the specific answer I was looking for, so apologies if this question has been asked before.

get a kanadian Ken rack and you can use any top box you like.

I like those a whole lot, but I need something that will still let the lady monkey ride on the back from time to time.

• Member Contributer

get a kanadian Ken rack and you can use any top box you like.

I like those a whole lot, but I need something that will still let the lady monkey ride on the back from time to time.

Not sure how the factory bags mount, but this may work.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/232

It will depend on the mount for the Givi top box. The Hondaline factory bags are from Givi and mount down and out of the way of the Givi Hondaline factory top box. - Yep, all the Hondaline bags and top box are made by Givi. You can get a brake, turn and running light kit from Admorelighting.com designed to fit the Hondaline factory top box. Cost is $129.00 USD plus postage.

• Member Contributer

Check out this thread. It is NOT a bolt-on deal. And it also depends on which Givi mount you have as to how difficult the intermediate plate will be to make. The M5 plate which is shown has the mounting portion recessed behind a few decorative curves. The E250 would be must easier as it is a universal fit anyway, and a square piece of metal would do the trick. The E250 is kinda blah when the case is removed though. You can check out my "VFR, duh" album for a couple pics (with descriptions) that I took for another member.

• 3 months later...

Archived