Scorpion EXO 1000 vs Shoei Quest

Guest VatoLoco

Guest VatoLoco

Just looking 4 a little imput from the pro's.Want 2 get a new lid and boys and gals i'm torn between the 2 ...EXO 1000 is a heavy lid but has some cool features ..flip down visor.....Quest is light and has better feel on my melon but the graphics imho Suck real bad so i think it falls short in the "cool look" dept ...any imput would b much appreciated ...ps i've read all the topics relating 2 helmets in this section still at odds :wacko:

• Member Contributer

I used to like my EXO-1000 until I realized that every time it rains I get an annoying drip on the bridge of my nose...I think the vent above the visor is leaking even when closed. Not cool...

I used to like my EXO-1000 until I realized that every time it rains I get an annoying drip on the bridge of my nose...I think the vent above the visor is leaking even when closed. Not cool...

I have a exo400, the best rain and fog helmet when it was new. Now its a dry helmet, the air damn over the visor broke off and in heavy rain it runs down inside of visor. I have to replace, luckily, mostly drought hear for year or so.

The ex700 is the same helmet only with a composite shell,,

I think Im ready to play with a shoei or Aria

I have a exo400, the best rain and fog helmet when it was new. Now its a dry helmet, the air damn over the visor broke off and in heavy rain it runs down inside of visor. I have to replace, luckily, mostly drought hear for year or so.

The ex700 is the same helmet only with a composite shell,,

I think Im ready to play with a shoei or Aria

Have you looked at the HJC IS-16, it has the integrated sun visor , its light, custom colours are avaliable. I own one ,I like it.

Dano

avoid the scorpion 1000 , its too heavy

Agree on this totally ...I could do some curls with the scorp and get a serious bicep in a month or so...That might b the closer 4 me on these 2 lids....No 1 has any takes on the Shoei Quest ? ...

• Member Contributer

Agree on this totally ...I could do some curls with the scorp and get a serious bicep in a month or so...That my b the closer 4 me on these 2 lids....No 1 has any takes on the Shoei Quest ? ...

Another issue with the Exo 1000 is that there is no real ventilation, you get all these vents but they really don't work all that well.

• Member Contributer

Agree on this totally ...I could do some curls with the scorp and get a serious bicep in a month or so...That my b the closer 4 me on these 2 lids....No 1 has any takes on the Shoei Quest ? ...

Another issue with the Exo 1000 is that there is no real ventilation, you get all these vents but they really don't work all that well.

Agree, I traded my EXO 1000 for a 400 which I like very much for design and fit. I hated the noise and the weight of the 1000. Actually my first helmet, EXO700 is still my favorite though I got a 750 because I like the gadgets and the graphics. Shoei never fit right on my head and its expensive so I left it in the story. I have fog free light tint visors on all of them. That settles the need for a drop down visor, imo.

Agree, I traded my EXO 1000 for a 400 which I like very much for design and fit. I hated the noise and the weight of the 1000. Actually my first helmet, EXO700 is still my favorite though I got a 750 because I like the gadgets and the graphics. Shoei never fit right on my head and its expensive so I left it in the story. I have fog free light tint visors on all of them. That settles the need for a drop down visor, imo.

I can defintely get a ex 700, what are you seeing the main difference between the 400 and 700?

• 2 weeks later...

Went with the Shoei Quest ...The brand and the weight of the helmet is what sold me ....Not the best graphics in the world imho but i can live it ....I'll report back on the "wind noise factor" of course ... :cool:

• Member Contributer

The exo 1000 does get heavy on long trips. Thankfully my mind is constantly wondering so I forget about it. I also consider the helmet to be loud by my standards.

• Member Contributer

Agreed- it's heavy. Bought an EXO-1000 a year ago, and I'm not impressed at all. Helmet seems to be coming apart: top vent coming off from the shell, broken cheek pad. Save up for the Shoei- no issues w/ their helmets.

Archived