New cans for the 83'

Guest OldGold

Guest OldGold

I found new Jama factory style pipes but they only came in bright chrome and were 741 euros !! YIKES!!

also found factory style black chrome Marvings for 360 British Pounds. But I decided to take a look at e bay

and found a pair of Delkevics with clamps and hangers and extension pipes for a Yamaha FJ 1200 that

looked like they would work for 260$ and bought them instead here are the results.

post-22181-0-64579800-1305482307_thumb.j

post-22181-0-17162300-1305482261_thumb.j

post-22181-0-36663900-1305482193_thumb.j

all I needed to do was add a couple of reducer sleeves to get from 2" I.D to 1 7/8 I.D and the rest is history.

Unfortunately I have the carbs off for a rebuild and mild re jet and am waiting for a few more parts in the mail

so I have not gotten nor will have a chance to hear them for another 7 to 10 days but when I do I will post a

video of the sound with and without baffles this is going to be SWEET!! Can't wait!

Thanks boys, I can't wait to ride it. It looks nicer in person than in pics.

Should have a little more thunder to her now. :cheerleader:

While taking the carbs out I had a hard time getting at the throttle cable cam at the carbs

and stupidly took the air box off to get at it and broke the fuel crossover tubes :pissed:

had to order new ones as well as the rubber boots were toast, still waiting for them.

Should be rocking it by the weekend though. :bliss:

Are those removable spuds I spy in the outlets of the cans?

Maybe you could try removing them and see how she responds?

Why yes they are and I will probably run her without them as long as I don't get

any tickets, have to keep my fingers crossed.

Even though it has the collector box will 2 inch pipes wake it up much?

or would they be overkill?

Got all my parts in the mail today, if it would only stop raining...

• 3 months later...

I found new Jama factory style pipes but they only came in bright chrome and were 741 euros !! YIKES!!

also found factory style black chrome Marvings for 360 British Pounds. But I decided to take a look at e bay

and found a pair of Delkevics with clamps and hangers and extension pipes for a Yamaha FJ 1200 that

looked like they would work for 260$ and bought them instead here are the results.

all I needed to do was add a couple of reducer sleeves to get from 2" I.D to 1 7/8 I.D and the rest is history.

Unfortunately I have the carbs off for a rebuild and mild re jet and am waiting for a few more parts in the mail

so I have not gotten nor will have a chance to hear them for another 7 to 10 days but when I do I will post a

video of the sound with and without baffles this is going to be SWEET!! Can't wait!

Hi OldGold, any update on your New Cans install?

They sound awesome!!

A deep low rumble at idle and low speed but as you get above 5 grand it becomes a howl.

It is loud but not obnoxious. I have left out the spuds (like the sound better) but if you knew you

would be creeping in at 2 or 3 in the morning I would put them in.

Everybody turns their head to see what it is. It does sound exotic.

I just bought a go pro and will hook it up and go for a rip and see if I can't post it for all

Hi OldGold, any update on your New Cans install?

Sounds Good! What size cans did you buy? Waiting for that Sound Video.

@ slowsupra I used 14" cans.

I am having a hard time capturing the sound properly. I will borrow my buddy's video camera to do it properly this weekend

video to follow

Archived