Rider Down in Washington

• Member Contributer

Just a quick post about a 2003 VFR rider from my area who is not a member on here. This past week he took off on a ride up Hwy. 101 into Oregon and Washington with a friend of mine who rides a Yamaha of all things. A text message yesterday revealed that the VFR rider had been in an accident, bike totaled and was in the hospital being evaluated for damage to his spleen. The only details I have thus far is he was in a turn and the RPM's went way up making the bike stand up and he went into the ditch. Don't know anything about gear worn either.

He is a new rider. VFR was his first bike. Could he have experienced the VTEC transition at 7K and was not familiar with it? Don't know.

• Member Contributer

Just learned he was wearing full gear. Shift brand pants and jacket and he has no abrasions what so ever.

• Member Contributer

Wow sorry to hear that. Hope all works out and he recovers fully.

:lurk:

• Member Contributer

VTEC transition is nowhere near dramatic enough to cause a crash, far from it. Making a MAJOR leap from the limited information my guess is that the revving was not a cause of anything but rather an indicator that he was already lowsiding.

Archived