OK, MO, IL Trip Dallas, TX to Peoria, IL

ki-speed

• Member Contributer

Dallas to Peoria

My wife and I are leaving next week for a wedding in Peoria, IL. I've got a route planned-out (below) mostly back roads with a little interstate.

Plan on taking two days to get there, stopping for the night in the Springfield / Lebanon, MO area.

Would appreciate any info / recommendations regarding road construction, places to eat, lodging, places / roads to avoid.

Thanks in advance. Mark

121 N to 78 73

78 N to 70 E

70 E (right-E) to 70

70 (right-E) to 271 Hugo

217 (left-N) to 3 Antlers

3 (left-W) to 2

2 (right-N) to I-40 Warner

I-40 (right-E) to 82 Vian

82 (left-N) to 10 Tahlequah

10 (Straight-N) to 59/10 Kansas

59/10 N to 20 Jay

20 (right-#) to 20/43

20/43 (left-N) to 90 Noel

90 (straight-E) to 37 Washburn

37 (left-N) to Monett

Monett (right on E Cleveland St. to 9th St. (H)

H (Left-N) to I-44

I-44 (East) to 133

133 (Left-NE) to 42

42 (right-E) to 19 Owensville

19 (left-N) to 161 Montgomery

161 (right-NE) to 54

54 (right-NE) to 107

107 to 24 Mt. Sterling

24 (right-E) to Peoria

• Member Contributer

If you wish to modify your route some, a few of my suggestions for the St.Louis area are Il Rt 100 From Alton north as far as you wish to stay on it, very scenic as it follows the Mississippi and Illinois rivers. If you want to stay in Mo longer, you can take MO Rt 79 from StL to Hannibal, lots of elevation changes and curves as it follows the bluffs on the west side of the Mississippi river. I can give you some more details if you wish to come through the StL area.

• Member Contributer

Awwww, come on Dutch. You're gypping him out of Kansas.

I think that's his route as he listed it. Google may have altered it a bit. If it were my route it would add about 500 miles and an extra day! :laughing6-hehe:

In the Springfield area, actually Ozark, is a place called Lambert's Cafe. I've heard very good things about it, although I've never been there myself.

Big portions. Bring your appetite. The roll throwing thing just bothered me though.... Took my focus away from the eating.

Awwww, come on Dutch. You're gypping him out of Kansas.

I think that's his route as he listed it. Google may have altered it a bit. If it were my route it would add about 500 miles and an extra day! 491.gif

Sorry, as I was scanning the list I saw "59/10 Kansas". Local references would put him in Lawrence, Kansas. I guess there is also a 59/10 in Oklahoma.

Full Size

Archived