Staintune service

kaldek

• Member Contributer

Hey folks,

Some of you may know I discovered this in my Staintune exhaust a couple of days ago:

gallery_380_3458_279093.jpg

I called Staintune about it this morning, and about three hours later I get a call back from Adam. He owns the company.

They are offering to - completely on their dime - do the following:

• Collect the system from my house using an overnight courier, on the same day I call (if before 12pm)
  • Repair/replace/remanufacture the system as required
  • Re-polish all parts
  • Send it back to me within 5 business days

They even mentioned the other problem with the early production runs of this sytem, in that the under-seat U-bend sometimes annealed improperly, needing the left-side silence to be forcefully lifted up to meet the mounting bracket. And bugger me, I have that problem too!

Good thing it turns out I kept my OEM exhaust system in the back of the shed for the last 7 years - it will come in handy for a week!!

Very cool. Glad to know they stand behind their product. I loved the staintunes i had on my VFR, seemed to be great quality. Don't think we'd get quite the same service here in the states though...

That's excellent service and good to know, I just ordered a set. Can you post up the outcome when you get a chance :fing02:

Cheers

Adam

• Member Contributer

That's excellent service and good to know, I just ordered a set. Can you post up the outcome when you get a chance :biggrin:

Sure mate. Just so you know, yours won't fail the same way mine did because they now use a rubber grommet mounting system rather than a hard-mounted bolt. In fact, you'll also be getting the new design which doesn't have the crazy U-bend under the seat. If you do get a unit with the U-bend, it will only be because your dealer had old stock.

I dare say the new design flows differently to the old one too, because on the old design all the noise came from the right-hand silencer, while all the heat came out the left! I'm serious, just ask other forum members, it is wierd stuff.

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the info, the exhausts are coming directly from Staintune so hopefully all is good.

Check out a picture of the new design here.

The updated design appears to have done away with the footpeg bracket mount entirely.

Very cool. Glad to know they stand behind their product. I loved the staintunes i had on my VFR, seemed to be great quality. Don't think we'd get quite the same service here in the states though...

Don't be so quick to sell US service short. I had the same sort of crack on my "Y" pipe (an early set on an '02). I called Shari at Calmoto and I had a brand new,

redesigned "Y" pipe back to me in 5 days from removal to re install. I did pay $15 to ship my pipe to them and it wasn't the Owner, however, I did not have to bugger myself. I was very pleased with the service.

• Member Contributer

Sorta doesn't really surprise me - I dropped into the factory once on my Duc Monster (with staintunes) just to cx the joint out. Before I knew it they had my slip-ons off my bike for a complementary polish-up using their swanky buffing machines.

Must have been a slow day but I thought it was a nice touch anyway - and prolly good business sense.

Still didn't sway me to buy a staintune when it came to purchasing a system for my viffer though - $700 for a single slip-on is too rich for my blood.:warranty:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Well my 'tunes arrived back today - turned around in a week and they look fantastic!

And all for FREEEEEEEE.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I had a weld crack at the footpeg mounting bracket and Staintune quickly replaced the pipe at no cost.

There correspondence and service are unmatched!!

Sounds like the same weld as mine!

Archived