Delkevic Can from Ebay

Jmmymc750

• Member Contributer

Hey y'all, had not seen anyone commenting on the Delkevic pipes from Ebay. I finally got one for 5th gen. It came in a neat, tidy little box, 4 days from order.

It is very shiny, oval 450mm stainless. I mounted it as it was getting dark outside (home from school late, and a project on my wife's Rebel to finish first). They give two clamps, a hangar strap and a link pipe. You take the little rubber bumper off the centerstand stopper on the OEM and put it on an identical mounting point on the Delkevic. One of the clamps has a bolt length problem. Not long enough, but a quick upgrade to the bolt and I was ready to put it on.

You use the stock hanger bolt for the rubber-lined-stainless muffler strap. I listened to the pipe without the db killer piece and with it. It's a little too raucus without, so I left the "torpedo" tube in. I may drill some holes to see if I can adjust the sound any. It sounds nice, though.

All in all, easy. And for 159 bucks shipped...a great deal. If it falls apart in a year...still probably worth it. Cant quite do the 2Brothers yet (I want to fit the 02 VALE system). Gotta finish school first!

I got some pics of the parts right from the box, and I will get some of the can on the bike soon.

Cheers!

• Member Contributer

Here are some pics

package contentspost-11355-12697035189_thumb.jpg

On the bikepost-11355-126970365504_thumb.jpg

It sounds good, really cheap, and the small clamp replacement is on the way after an email to the Delkevic people. So far, I would recommend to anyone else ona tight budget. The Titanium one is only 50 bucks more on their website...

Logopost-11355-126970381779_thumb.jpg

Cheers!

• Member Contributer

:fing02:

i agree - for the dollars i reckon they're good thing.

but they're not as loud in comparison to others - i run my delk without the 'db killer' sausage baffle thingie and next to Vee-Ef-Ar's 5th gen with a staintune (he runs his with the baffle in) I reckon his pipe is still noticeably louder.

depends on what you like i guess but if i had a spare $700 i prolly would've gone with a louder staintune high pipe.

gallery_19264_5124_106219.jpg

If anyone wants a slightly louder version, Delkevic sells these in a 350mm length can.

http://www.delkevic.us/?section=shop&product_category=47&product=350mm_stainless_steel_oval_mufflers&variant=99&start=0

450mm = 17.7" <--what the O.P. has

350mm = 13.7"

Personally, I think the 350mm can would look nicer on the 5th gen than the longer one.

• Member Contributer

but they're not as loud in comparison to others - i run my delk without the 'db killer' sausage baffle thingie and next to Vee-Ef-Ar's 5th gen with a staintune (he runs his with the baffle in) I reckon his pipe is still noticeably louder.

I was impressed with the quality of your delk Tex. Pitty they don't do a hi-rise. The sound with the db killer in is very quiet till you give her the odd blip or two. There's some low grunty belch to it, nothing obnoxious or attention seeking. Although I didn't hear it with the spud out, maybe it might be the better of the midground... not too soft, not too loud.

Since moving next to neighbours who scream and yell at each other at all hours of the day and night, I've now opted to take the spud out and not feel so bad about a 9pm startup. I'm lovin it actually... I thought it might have been alittle too loud... but it's intoxicating.

Maybe we should plan a "Spuds Out" ride.

• Member Contributer

Maybe we should plan a "Spuds Out" ride.

:biggrin: yes indeedy - 'cept i got my forks out at the mo to be re-painted and put new springs in - at current work rates i reckon it'll take a few weeks to turn 'em around and get my reco'd 929 shock in.

• Member Contributer

... Although I didn't hear it with the spud out ...

yeah you did, I've never had the spud in, that's my point - even with my db killer out and yours in your staintune was still fruitier!

good to hear you've unleashed the beast on to your crappy neighbours :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

It's definitely not very loud...which is good. I am going to take the spud out, and see how I feel about it, but as someone else mentioned, if I had the extra dollars I would probably opt for a 2Brothers or Staintune. But with the savings I can still budget for a PCIII and a dyno run... I *am* in college. I hope to graduate next year, and if I don't get into medical school, I have some plans for the VFR (inspired by the pages here at VFRD!!), once I get a job.

I just wanted to post it up not as a pride thing, but as a functional, lower cost option. And while its not much louder than the stock, the note is different. Its pretty, too.

Cheers!

Archived