Kaoka Throttle Lock

YellowFuzz

• Member Contributer

Hi all,

Has anyone tried this yet? Does anyone have one AND heated grips. I have the new style Oxford Heaterz Grips and need a throttle lock. Throttlemeister doesn't recommend theirs with heated grips. I've tried the vista cruise and the other one, can't remember the name, but didn't really like them.

http://www.kaokousa.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=KU&Category_Code=KAOKO_HONDA

Chime in with your experiences/comments.

Thanks,

Yellowfuzz

• Member Contributer

Several of my Bimmer buddies use that lock. That locking knob sticks out pretty far but I can't see why it wouldn't work with the stick-on heated grips like Symtec. I have TM's with Symtec grip heaters. I can't say anything for the Oxford grips though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

To anyone reading this thread. The Kaoka will only fit with stock handlebars...will not fit with Heli-Bars. I found out the hard way. pissed.gif Looks like Throttlemeister next.

• Member Contributer

To anyone reading this thread. The Kaoka will only fit with stock handlebars...will not fit with Heli-Bars. I found out the hard way. pissed.gif Looks like Throttlemeister next.

I had Symtec heated grips and a Throttlemeister on my ST1100. Didn't seem to be a problem. I found the Throttle meister too be hard to use. On the VFR, I have a Vista Cruise throttle lock. Love it! It is so much easier to use.

• Member Contributer

I've always been curious of how easy it was to use these style of "twist to lock" devices since they are on the right side of your hand. With the NEP lock style you can use that thumb that is so conveniently placed. Looks like it's a good quality device non the less.

• 2 months later...

I've always been curious of how easy it was to use these style of "twist to lock" devices since they are on the right side of your hand. With the NEP lock style you can use that thumb that is so conveniently placed. Looks like it's a good quality device non the less.

I just installed the Kaoko on my 6th Gen and it works great... it's very easy to engage and disengage. The only throttle lock I have used to compare it too is the throttle meister and i would definitely reccomend it over the throttle meister... It looks better (just like the standard bar end) and is easier to use.

• Forum CEO

Using the Salamander bar ends with throttle lock, its spring loaded and a quarter twist locks it somewhat, not as tight at throttlemisters but effective. Jury is still out, its a bit easier to unlock than to lock for me, takes some practice.

Smooth City Classic

12-6-TL_144.jpg

http://www.manicsalamander.com

• 1 month later...

I just installed the Kaoko on my 6th Gen and it works great... it's very easy to engage and disengage. The only throttle lock I have used to compare it too is the throttle meister and i would definitely reccomend it over the throttle meister... It looks better (just like the standard bar end) and is easier to use.

any installation hints?

any installation hints?

The Kaoka is pretty straight forward took me about 5 minutes.. just pull out the old bar end and insert new.. the directions are pretty good.

The Kaoka is pretty straight forward took me about 5 minutes.. just pull out the old bar end and insert new.. the directions are pretty good.

how hard is it to get the spring to release?

Archived