One opinion, please...

luigi

Question

• Member Contributer

Hi to all

Working on my "Track use" VFR i've made a modification to be free to mount some other footpeg than the stock equipment.

gallery_8326_4351_4182.jpg

Step and support - left hand

gallery_8326_4351_74214.jpg

Step and support - right hand

Now i would have an opinion about this improved version.

gallery_8326_5151_104663.jpg

Piastra pedana exp - dx 02 600.jpg

gallery_8326_5151_121415.jpg

Piastra pedana exp - dx 01 600.jpg

What interest can receive a kit (at the moment is only a project on the computer) composed this plate (left and right, obviusly) and a pair of sportbike footpeg (CBR 1000 RR, for example) for a VFR owner?

All the kit will be absoutely interchangeable with the stock parts without any mod.

Thanks for your time.

ciao, Luigi.

13 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

Hi to all

Working on my "Track use" VFR i've made a modification to be free to mount some other footpeg than the stock equipment.

gallery_8326_4351_4182.jpg

gallery_8326_4351_74214.jpg

Now i would have an opinion about this improved version.

gallery_8326_5151_48639.jpg

gallery_8326_5151_53714.jpg

What interest can receive a kit composed this plate (left and right, obviusly) and a pair of sportbike footpeg (CBR 1000 RR, for example) for a VFR owner?

All the kit will be absoutely interchangeable with the stock parts without any mod.

Thanks for your time.

ciao, Luigi.

I'm getting a broken link instead of the images, how did you upload them?

• Member Contributer

I'm getting a broken link instead of the images, how did you upload them?

Sorry..., Now works :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Very Nice Work....but you are putting time and money into something you can buy from THURN (Germany) .

read this link...Thurn has these for other than 6th gen also. http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51255&st=0&%3b%70=611010entry611010

Very Nice Work....but you are putting time and money into something you can buy from THURN (Germany) .

read this link...Thurn has these for other than 6th gen also. http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51255&st=0&%3b%70=611010entry611010

Actually - Thurn no longer makes those. I think it is a great idea... I might like a set. Thoughts on cost? I know right now is a bad time to sell stuff to the US - seeing the Euro is KILLING the Dollar right now.

• Member Contributer

Hi

Is not the same thing. Thurn parts for 5th gen use partially the stock footpeg.

My idea is make a part completely different in design with the position setting choice, and this is not available for the 5th gen from Thurn.

Ciao, Luigi.

• Member Contributer

Actually - Thurn no longer makes those. I think it is a great idea... I might like a set. Thoughts on cost? I know right now is a bad time to sell stuff to the US - seeing the Euro is KILLING the Dollar right now.

Hi

Thank you for your appreciation.

I don't think to be so much far from the Thurn price...

Maybe, to lower the cost, i could think to prepare a kit composed only with the support plates, so let the owner be free to buy the more interesting footpeg set for price and design.

Ciao, Luigi.

• Member Contributer

Very nice! Maybe to can remove some of the material from the center area to make them lighter?

Hi.

Thank you for your opinion.

It could be, but i will use ergal (i don't know if in english has the same name, a strong and very light aeronautical alloy, anyway) and the work will light the part not so much but in the same time will decrease the safety.

Maybe it could be just a little work to improve the look ( a VFR writing for example) but this will affect the final price...

Ciao, Luigi.

• Member Contributer

Hi

Thank you for your appreciation.

Maybe, to lower the cost, i could think to prepare a kit composed only with the support plates, so let the owner be free to buy the more interesting footpeg set for price and design.

Ciao, Luigi.

IIRC, the Thurn pieces are super pricey, so if you can go a bit cheaper this would make them more competitive. How adjustable are they?

• Member Contributer

Luigi, ergal = billet aluminum in the states. Good luck with your design!

Thank you. I'll remember.

Ciao, Luigi.

• Member Contributer

IIRC, the Thurn pieces are super pricey, so if you can go a bit cheaper this would make them more competitive. How adjustable are they?

I don't know if the price can be cheaper, i just said "not so far".

Next week i'll talk with the factory that can give me some more information about the cost and production times for a small series of five pair.

Looking the images posted you can see the horizontal adjustment only. The distance between the two positions is 15 mm (around 0,60 inch, if i converted correctly). Keep in mind that the position on the left, with the 87 CBR 600 footpeg that i've mounted on the "track VFR", give (approximately) the same foot position of the stock 5th gen footpeg.

Anyway i could think to a vertical adjustment too if the manufacturing cost can be limited...

ciao, Luigi.

• Member Contributer

Ehm..., maybe i was too much optimist...

The final cost, exluding shipping, are 130 euros (around 180 dollars).

Anyway this is not advertising, i told the price just to complete the information about this project.

ciao, Luigi.

Archived