PRCT2'a

Bent

After reading BR's comments on this setup, I bought a set about a month ago. Between rain and work, didn't have a chance to push them much until the past week - but I do like the setup a lot. They feel very predictable, and the turn in is very good. If they get reasonable mileage (which I am sure they will) this will be my go forward tires on the viffer.

Thanks for the suggestion!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did anybody ever solve the made in Europe vs, made in Asia controversy?

001-3.jpg

I do not think anyone has,but it would be informative to know.I'll doubt that I will ever run a PR2,but any information is a plus for all.

• Member Contributer

Well, I think, for me, this saga has run it's course. smile.gif

Rode 190 miles on the tires yesterday (in 35 degree weather), and got used to them enough to put the bike exactly where I want it in the lane while railing it (a measure of confidence for me). Even had zero trouble with the two very treacherous decreasing radius turns on one of my semi-regular routes. I think they'll work out fine. I just have to use body weight transfer more and make some other riding style tweeks. The Avon's spoiled me as far as needing so little input to go where I want them to go.

I also decided to dedicate the ride to Baileyrock. Not to worry, Kevin, you didn't get cold. I layered up good for ya and we had a great time.. :laugh: Even put a little :squid: lyness in there for ya... :excl: :wheel: Oh, and the bike really ran better with the new air filter and throttle slack adjustment I did before leaving while I had the gas tank up.

I tell ya, a new Honda OEM air filter is one of the best performance investments for $42 I know of for someone that doesn't believe in K&N's. Even have new oil in her for ya Baileyrock!! I'm trying to take care of ya!! :beer:

Thanks everyone for your input!! :beer: :beer:

• Member Contributer

Thanks guys, sounds like my love of the PP's are correct! :laugh:

I think I'm getting somewhere between 3100-3400 miles from a PP/PR 2 combo and replace them as a set. :excl:

There is a slight funk with the front towards the end of it's life while running a PR 2 rear. :wheel:

BR, you mean you went from 2000 miles on set of PP's to that kind of mileage on the combo set?

For real? :beer:

Yeah, it's like at least a 50% increase in mileage w/o loss of grip or confidence for me! :beer:

I think cost is like 20% higher, but with 50% better mileage it's a no brainer. wink.gif

That's like two less rears every 10k miles!

Man, I hope you're right! I need to do something to lower tire costs besides not using as much horsepower or parking it.... :squid:

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the ride Jim! :wheel:

:excl:

It was a real sacrifice but I knew you would appreciate it... :laugh:

Archived