PC3 map for gutted cat

dogman

I am just in the process of gutting the cat on my 07, and was wondering if anyone else has done this, and what sort of effect (if any) it has on the fuelling.

I already have a good map for my current setup, but it probably wont be perfect once the catalytic converter is gone.

I have leo vinces and all the airbox mods, and PC3, 02 elims etc.

Anyone else have experience with this?

tinyminds did it with and 03 or 04 (pre 06) his map should be in the downloads, but of course, it isn't perfect for yours because of the different vtec rpm.

I wouldn't recommend using my map for 06+. The surge would be nasty at vtec engagement. The rich / lean transition to smoothen vtec is in the wrong rpm range, But you could always take a look at the map and make your own, just moving the tables around. If you get something that works well post it up so others can try it though. Good luck.

I fitted up the headers with the gutted cat today, and took it for a quick run using my previous map which I have been using for a while.

I expected it to run like a dog, but it didnt! It went really well, but I suspect its a little rich down low.

Maybe the cat isnt too restrictive after all ??

I shall try a few different maps in the next few days and post up.

I fitted up the headers with the gutted cat today, and took it for a quick run using my previous map which I have been using for a while.

I expected it to run like a dog, but it didnt! It went really well, but I suspect its a little rich down low.

Maybe the cat isnt too restrictive after all ??

I shall try a few different maps in the next few days and post up.

This could be due to the fact that when you open them up, there's not a completely tight fit forcing the exhaust just through the cats?

GutCatTwo.jpg

Don't forget too; platinum is worth money before you just throw them in the garbage/ocean/wherever........ :goofy:

Cat-Empty-1.jpg

Greg :goofy:

• 4 weeks later...

Keep us posted on what map you end up running and how the headers perform/sound. I just did mind today but dont have a PC yet so I am going to wait to mount them. might get them coated in the meantime. Hoping it was worth it to do the gutting.

Archived