A New Honda Site

CornerCarver

• Member Contributer

Honda has a new site, coincidentally dedicated to the bike we (most of us anyway) love.

http://powersports.honda.com/v4/

I know the VFR-1200F has been shown in Tokyo but I am one of the original V-4 fanatics who want to see a VFR-1200R model...those of who agree with me might enjoy this site.

carver

• Member Contributer

THANKS......Nice Link Keith........... :biggrin: :beer:

I know the VFR-1200F has been shown in Tokyo but I am one of the original V-4 fanatics who want to see a VFR-1200R model...those of who agree with me might enjoy this site.

Thanks for the link to the site.

Honestly, I have to say, I have no issue with Honda taking the VFR all the way up to a 1,200, I think it is great to give people choices as I'm sure there are plenty here who would love that engine size in a VFR. However, I have a real problem with Honda killing off the 750-800 class size in the VFR, and that is what I keep reading.

It's very frustrating being a Honda fan at times, because I swear, the power of their dream has run out of gas...

• Member Contributer

It's interesting to see how many street models were available in the 80's. 14 different v4 variations and models. In the 90's that went down to 5, and then down to 2 from 98 to present.

I think it really shows how honda has dropped the ball over the years.

I think it really shows how honda has dropped the ball over the years

I hear ya...

The virtually total non development of the S2000 over the full 10-years of production is just sad, and there are lots of us that see changing the engine from 2.0 with 9-grand red to 2.2 with 8-grand red as a step backward...

But we do have the Crosstour. :ohmy:

• Member Contributer
It's interesting to see how many street models were available in the 80's. 14 different v4 variations and models. In the 90's that went down to 5, and then down to 2 from 98 to present.

Yep, those were good times for V4 lovers. I started street riding in '83 so I arrived just in time. smile.gif Things may be turning around, though. Honda is saying that the 1200 is just the first of a whole family of bikes with V4s. I'm looking forward to seeing what they offer us in the next few years. I would love to see modern versions of the V65 Sabre and the VF1000R in addition to a 600cc supersport.

Dirk

• Member Contributer
The time line feature is pretty cool. Thanks for posting that.

Glad you found it useful. Like Dirk I started riding around that time and was able to purchse a brand new VF750F in 1983 while stationed in Japan...I love these bikes and the early VFR racing inspired models that replaced them.

gallery_7288_1401_57707.jpg

Lets Go!_edited.jpg

I think a similar line up of V-4 derived cruisers and standards (if we had standards anymore) would serve to better differentiate Honda from the other manufacturers.

we'll just have to :biggrin: and see.

I suppose from our perspective that's quite true, but maybe it also shows how I4 development, which had hit a wall in terms of innovation, suddenly took off again in the late eighties - newer materials (lighter, stronger), better design principles, fueling etc. all helped I4s come up to V4 levels of power and refinement.

Anyway, time for V4s to lead the way again :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
I love the look of the new bike, but unfortunately due to my insufficient funds for buying a new motorcycle, i'm highly counting on my father buying the new 1200 so i get his old vfr800f1 smile.gif

Don't hold your breathe yet minicarver...just keep your Vf500F on the wheels for hte next few thousand miles and we will see what we can find for you.

Hint... http://www.hoc.org.uk/gallery/bikes/RVF400_NC35_1994(2).jpg

Archived