Roadcrafter Sizing

vfar

Hello All,

I'm just about to buy a Roadcrafter 2-piece suit and am a little lost on the sizing. The guy I'm buying from is in Philadelphia and I'm in Akron, Ohio. So, I can't really get there to try it on first. He's been great about sending me info, but I'm still a little unsure. The suit is a 40 regular.

So, I guess I've got two questions...

1. Is there anyone within 50 miles of Akron, Ohio that would be willing to let me try on their Roadcrafter to get a feel for how they fit?

2. Can anyone give me advice on how Roadcrafters fit? I'm 5'10" 170lb. I usually wear 33x30 pants. Jacket size is usually medium or 40 in suit jackets.

Any advice or help is welcome.

Thanks everybody,

Micah

In my experience, they make them to the measurement.

Ie. if you wear a 46 jacket and order a 46 suit, you had better plan on wearing it over a t-shirt. Same for the pants. If you are wanting to wear a fleece or something else under you need to account for that when sizing.

On their website, http://www.aerostich.com/, they have a sizing tool on the toolbar. You have to submit your e-mail.

The folks at Riderwearhouse are very helpful with sizing info. I would give them a call, asking about the best fit (have your measurements ready) for your type of riding, the bike you ride, and whether you will need to be layering in cold (winter) weather.

If the suit you're interested in had the optional hip pads, you might need a slightly larger pant size. I recommend you get these pads.

I bought mine while living in the south and didn't really consider layering, so mine fits a bit snug with more than one layer.

Well over 100k miles on mine, and still very serviceable.

• Member Contributer

I'm a bit on the bloated side(5'10"-230lbs) but prefer to ride in a crouched position so I opted for an ellipse and rotated sleeves in my one piece. With the two-piece RC that you are looking at the ellipse can be added later if you find it a bit snug when bent over. My chest measurement is 48 and they recommended a 48 regular and it was dead-on with just enough room for a fleece pullover or Gerbing liner. If the suit hasn't been worn much expect it to be quite stiff at first but they soften up the more you use it. Money well spent for me.

• Member Contributer

I have a Roadcrafter 2-piece which I bought slightly used. 42S jacket and 40 pants. I'm 5'8" and 160lb, although I've been up to 178lb. Length is good and I can wear pants and a light sweater under it if I want.

Glenn

Hello All,

I'm just about to buy a Roadcrafter 2-piece suit and am a little lost on the sizing.

2. Can anyone give me advice on how Roadcrafters fit? I'm 5'10" 170lb. I usually wear 33x30 pants. Jacket size is usually medium or 40 in suit jackets.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm going to go ahead and purchase the suit I've been looking at. It is a 40 regular jacket and pants. When I used the sizing tool on the Aeorstich website it said 40 regular is the size for me if I'm going to layer fleece or other insulators under the suit.

So, we'll see. I'm psyched to try it out. Should arrive mid week next week. Been wanting one of these for a long time and never thought I would make the move. But, I tell you what, after owning average gear and getting caught in a couple of nasty storms on long trips I finally decided that I'd had enough messing around. Time to get something that keeps me safer, dryer, and extends my riding season.

I'll let ya know how it works out.

Micah

• Member Contributer
Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm going to go ahead and purchase the suit I've been looking at. It is a 40 regular jacket and pants. When I used the sizing tool on the Aeorstich website it said 40 regular is the size for me if I'm going to layer fleece or other insulators under the suit.

So, we'll see. I'm psyched to try it out. Should arrive mid week next week. Been wanting one of these for a long time and never thought I would make the move. But, I tell you what, after owning average gear and getting caught in a couple of nasty storms on long trips I finally decided that I'd had enough messing around. Time to get something that keeps me safer, dryer, and extends my riding season.

I'll let ya know how it works out.

Micah

Congrats, I'm sure you'll like it. Aerostich can make some alterations on a full suit if you feel it needs it. Mine's 6 years old and still waterproof. If it's still new and stiff you can run it through a few wash cycles. I've used Camp Dry or similar repellent sprays after washing to help with the waterproofness.

Suit arrived yesterday and fits great. What a difference from my Joe Rocket stuff. Don't get me wrong, my JR jacket and pants have held up pretty well and did the job. But, the fit of this thing is so much nicer...it's lighter weight without feeling cheap. I can tell it's well made. Glad I made the jump.

I can see what people are talking about when they say it's a cold weather suit, though. It was about 80 here today and I was warm in the suit. But, opened the pit vents and it helped a lot.

I think the only thing I'll need to have replaced at some point is the velcro on the jacket. The velcro that holds the pockets closed is starting to get a little tattered. Nothing that can't wait until winter.

Thanks again for the words of wisdom. Time to ride...

• Member Contributer
I think the only thing I'll need to have replaced at some point is the velcro on the jacket. The velcro that holds the pockets closed is starting to get a little tattered. Nothing that can't wait until winter.

If the velcro has some junk in it, it will degrade the performance of it. Take a wire brush and clean it out, and it should be good as new. I love my RC. It's nice when you see rain coming, and everyone else pulling over to put on rain gear. Just check the vents shut, collar fastened, and ride on! Enjoy.

Archived