Cbr954rr Rear Shock For The 6th Gens

JamieDaugherty

• Member Contributer

I've promised some folks an update once I got this ready, so here it is:

This is the first CBR954 shock that I've converted to fit the 6th gen VFR's. Pretty straightforward and similar to the conversions I already do with the exception that the extension is at the top mount instead of the lower. That took some interesting/expensive fixtures and tooling, but I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

If anyone is interested in converting a CBR954 rear shock to fit their 6th gen shoot me a PM.

VFR800-CBR954_1.jpg

New spring is pretty much required unless you are disgustingly light.

VFR800-CBR954_2.jpg

This particular shock was revalved as well.

VFR800-CBR954_3.jpg

• Member Contributer
Nice work Jamie! :wheel:

Has anyone fitted a 954 shock to a vtec? Thought the 929 shock was the best fit or is that just for 5th gens? :blush:

Yeah, there have been a couple of guys who have fitted the 954 shock to the VTECs. The 929 is a better choice for the 3rd, 4th, and 5th gens.

• Member Contributer
Been waitin for this...excellent work Jamie.

With the proper spring on this 954 set up will it be a big improvement over stock or my BB swap?

Yeah, it's a big improvement over stock. Not only is the performance better but the ride quality is improved as well. It's an all around better shock in every way, especially with the revalve.

• Member Contributer

Looks top notch! :fing02:

I don't own a 6th gen, but I do have one of Jamie's modded 929's on my 4th gen (FV750) and LOVE it!!!! :dry: Top quality work and at a very fair price and fast turn around. gallery_15375_4187_235283.jpg

Picture 104.jpg

gallery_15375_4187_64051.jpg

Picture 103.jpg

• Member Contributer
How much does a setup like this run?

Total for the conversion and new spring is $240. You can normally pick up a donor shock on eBay for $25-30 including shipping.

• Member Contributer

Hey Jamie, is that my shock? smile.gif I didn't realize I was the first. I just picked it up yesterday from the office (where it was delivered...i was on holiday). The extension you made looks really top notch. Can't wait to install it and go for a ride (likely will do it this week). I'll post up my thoughts after I do it.

• Member Contributer
Hey Jamie, is that my shock? smile.gif I didn't realize I was the first. I just picked it up yesterday from the office (where it was delivered...i was on holiday). The extension you made looks really top notch. Can't wait to install it and go for a ride (likely will do it this week). I'll post up my thoughts after I do it.

It's one of the first, so I'm hoping that you'll e-mail me some feedback once you get it installed. Several others have installed CBR954 shocks so it's sort of a proven thing. The conversion that I did is pretty much the same as the other shocks I've been doing for a few years now.