Looking For Overpants

Jovinski

Hey all,

I am looking for overpants. I have a pair of Icon Arc overpants, but I am looking for an overpant that has double zippers on the side for easy on and off and venting, since I live in Florida. Ideally, I would want a perforated leather, but I can't find anything like that. I've searched everywhere on-line that I can think of. Adding to the challenge is that I am 6'5 and a little round (waist 42), so not the easiest guy to fit. Basically I want something that I can wear my work clothes under on the way into work when it's in the 80's and then I can go commando on the way home when the temps are triple digits... Any help out there?

Thanks,

JB

Get some joe rocke alter ego pants... i have them and they work great for waht you want... also you can order any other pants in tall regular or short that adds about 1.5 or 2 inches to the inseam.

Me Too! I'm looking for pants also and I'm about the same size (6'5" and 38 waist). I'm leaning toward JR alter egos also. They come in tall and New Enough has them for $170. The only reason I'm hesitating is they also have the JR Blaster perf'ed leather pants for $195. I realize they are in different categories but I'll only be able to afford one pair this season and I'd like some leather for hitting the mountains.

Action

Me Too! I'm looking for pants also and I'm about the same size (6'5" and 38 waist). I'm leaning toward JR alter egos also. They come in tall and New Enough has them for $170. The only reason I'm hesitating is they also have the JR Blaster perf'ed leather pants for $195. I realize they are in different categories but I'll only be able to afford one pair this season and I'd like some leather for hitting the mountains.

Action

I have the Alter Ego's also. I like them. they get kind of hot when I'm sitting at the light and it's 90 outside and no breeze. but perf leather would be way worse I'd assume. I like them alot, especially since my crash when all I had were some heavy jeans. I got them on sale from New Enough.

Oxygen

My overpants are Firstgear and they are supposed to go with a Killamajaro jacket. Almost waterproof and warm. Armor in knees and hips and I have been wearing them for 10 years straight and they are still together. No good for warm weather though. (200 bucks 10 years ago)

For super hot days, I have Cortech cordura/mesh pants. These are not over pants and are worn on top of your skivvies. Very cool and very good and adjustable armor in knees and hips. (30 bucks on ebay)

A guy at work has pants and jacket from Revit! and they looked very very well built and thought out. (real money for these, I think he said 1500 for both)

• Member Contributer

I will be picking up a pair of these as they come with CE armor in the knees and shins and padded hip armor:

Alpinestars A-10 Air Flo

These are the same pants only with Perforated leather added to key location for $50 more:

Alpinestars A-10 leather/textile Air Flo

I am still debating which I going to get. Price is a key factor but the perforated leather is an attractive protective feature. I'm not how sure these would do as over pants but if go a few sizes larger I think you could pull it off. It would be worth it for the extra protection these come with and as you can see they go all the way up to 44" waists with 32" inseams.

motoport, kevlar, more protection than leather, avail in strech kev(super comfortable), solid, and mesh. even the mesh beats hide going down. and will dri in about 20min, if it gets soaked. A little fussy to deal with but worth it.

I will be picking up a pair of these as they come with CE armor in the knees and shins and padded hip armor:

Alpinestars A-10 Air Flo

These are the same pants only with Perforated leather added to key location for $50 more:

Alpinestars A-10 leather/textile Air Flo

I am still debating which I going to get. Price is a key factor but the perforated leather is an attractive protective feature. I'm not how sure these would do as over pants but if go a few sizes larger I think you could pull it off. It would be worth it for the extra protection these come with and as you can see they go all the way up to 44" waists with 32" inseams.

so the plan is to make these regular pants into over pants. I dig the thought, but if they are made to go on yer bod, wont the pre curveature be a problem no matter how big they are. I dunno, just wondering. If it works, let us know, you may be on to something.

• Member Contributer
motoport, kevlar, more protection than leather, avail in strech kev(super comfortable), solid, and mesh. even the mesh beats hide going down. and will dri in about 20min, if it gets soaked. A little fussy to deal with but worth it.

:huh: It better work considering just the air mesh pants with no armor/pockets cost $289. It's cool you can pick exactly what features you want but what a price tag.

Action

Can't comment on the Alter Egos, but I have the Blaster perf'ed leather pants.

Very comfortable, but they do not flow air as well as you would think, but they are lighter and cooler than non-perf'ed leather.

The alter ego's are what I have been doing the most thinking about, but they are not listed as overpants. They are probably what I am going to go with, IF the bike I am looking at comes thru. Topic for another post... Can't wait to get back on a bike.... Thanks for the input, you all!

JB

• 3 months later...
The alter ego's are what I have been doing the most thinking about, but they are not listed as overpants. They are probably what I am going to go with, IF the bike I am looking at comes thru. Topic for another post... Can't wait to get back on a bike.... Thanks for the input, you all!

JB

As the Joe Rocket goods go, has anyone compared the Alter Ego pants to the Ballistic 7.0 pants? I've been surfing Newenough, and both seem attractive.

Opinions?

JB

As the Joe Rocket goods go, has anyone compared the Alter Ego pants to the Ballistic 7.0 pants? I've been surfing Newenough, and both seem attractive.

Opinions?

I can only compare the alter egos to my icon arc overpants, but I have been wearing them for a few months now and I must say they are great. The dual zippers are wonderful for venting and the knee armor sits in just the right place. The hip and butt padding isn't much to speak of but it's better than nothing. The inner waterproof lining is quite heavy and I think will be ideal for winter, well, winter in Florida anyway. I have heard nothing about the ballistics, but you can't go wrong with the Alteregos....

• Member Contributer

I've got an Aerostich Transit two piece, gore-tex leather suit for sale. I don't think you can buy more protection, and it's not broken in yet. I lost a butt load of weight, and ordered smaller sizes. the jacket is a 46, and the pants are 40. This stuff runs big, and is made to wear over street clothes. Check out the Areostich web site, and PM me if your interested.

Mac

Archived