Interchangability

enzed_viffer

IIRC, it's just a little shorter (I think the 6th gen shock is even shorter) than the stock 4th gen shock You might get close enough if you can shim the top mount to the max. The 5th gen shock would most likely be better than the 4th gen's, just from the possible shock design improvements/development from one to the other.

Beck

95 VFR

Why? You-uns ain't got no 97. :laugh:

No, but there was a guy here in Kiwiland with a '97 who was complaining that his bike was wallowy and that sort of thing.

Since I happen to have one sitting on a shelf in my garage, gathering dust, I figured I'd ask.

Come to think of it...since a 2001 shock doesn't "work" anyway, wot difference does it make?

Well... it's in reasonable condition, and I thought maybe it might just be better'n a knackered 4th Gen one.

IIRC, it's just a little shorter (I think the 6th gen shock is even shorter) than the stock 4th gen shock You might get close enough if you can shim the top mount to the max. The 5th gen shock would most likely be better than the 4th gen's, just from the possible shock design improvements/development from one to the other.

I suspected that might be the case.

Thanks for the help everyone.

You can all (apart from Trace, in Sunny Retirement Park Land) go back to your hibernating now.

Thanks for the help everyone.

You can all (apart from Trace, in Sunny Retirement Park Land) go back to your hibernating now.

Actually, it's a bit coolish here this evening. 55 and breezy. I have the A/C off, for sure.

However, you've no room to talk, being as it's summer wheren's you are! :laugh:

Oh...I have a stocker RC51 shock. Would that help?

Actually, it's a bit coolish here this evening. 55 and breezy. I have the A/C off, for sure.

However, you've no room to talk, being as it's summer wheren's you are!

Summer?!? :blink:

Oh.

That explains that big shiny thing in the sky, and having to have all the vents on my jacket open!

Actually, it never gets very hot (or cool) in D'Auckland - temperatures range from a low of about 38F to a high of maybe 80F at most.

But (however!) I spent Xmas and Noo Yearrr in SF, and it was a little cooler (in the 40s).

I've given up about the 4th Gen - turns out the guy said his handling was a bit wallowy when two-up, so he probably needs a much better rear shock, needs to know how to adjust his suspension, and/or a lighter girlfriend.

Archived