Pciii Or Not To Pciii

Guest TWIST'DGRIP

Guest TWIST'DGRIP

I have just purchased a set of 2bros for my 2003. Now do I need to run a PCIII or can I just bolt on the pipes and enjoy the sound? I'm trying to avoid the additional cost.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
I have just purchased a set of 2bros for my 2003. Now do I need to run a PCIII or can I just bolt on the pipes and enjoy the sound? I'm trying to avoid the additional cost.

Thanks

The PCIII is not necessary to enjoy the cans, but even on a stock exhaust it *can* help with the poor mapping that the Honda comes with and help smooth out the performance of the bike. Honda leans it out in spots to help meet emissions requirements and it can lead to some dead zones and surging for some folks.

Thanks

The PCIII is not necessary to enjoy the cans, but even on a stock exhaust it *can* help with the poor mapping that the Honda comes with and help smooth out the performance of the bike. Honda leans it out in spots to help meet emissions requirements and it can lead to some dead zones and surging for some folks.

+1. Some aftermarket exhausts apparently don't necessitate re-mapping, but IMO the PCIII - and oxygen sensor eliminators - are worth the investment.

My 2004's surging and VTEC transitions were never bad but I bought a PCIII and O2 eliminators during a group buy 2 years ago. I wasn't sure I'd ever install them, but when I finally did last summer the bike ran smoother than ever. (BTW, I'm still running the stock cans, ungutted.)

• Member Contributer

(BTW, I'm still running the stock cans, ungutted.)

Isn't this a violation of the VFRD rules?

• Member Contributer

The question was asked and answered THREE months ago. :laugh:

Been inside too long? tongue.gif

The question was asked and answered THREE months ago. :blink:

Been inside too long? tongue.gif

lol - clearly. I thought the thread had been frozen in carbonite and needed a quick thawing.

Archived