Track Day - Lvms Classic Course

Aussiein USA was nice enough to let me invite myself to the last fastrackriders.com day of the year here in Vegas. :cool: Aussie (Greg) and his friend Reid were in the intermediate class while I signed up for the Beginners class and Novice Riders Course. The instruction was very well put together and helped me gain a TON of confidence in my bike, tires and skills. From the beginning to the end of the day I cut over 15 seconds off my lap time. :biggrin:

It just so happened that Joker (Jim) was in town and wanted to meet up. All of the pictures you see were taken by Jim, but I'll be adding more that others took as I get my hands on them. Greg was on his RC51 and Reid was on his 2008 CBR1000RR (I want... I need!!! :squid: )

Full Size

http://fastrackriders.com/tracks/vegas-classic.html

lsw1cl6.jpg

lsw2ce5.jpg

lsw3bq8.jpg

lsw4fc8.jpg

lsw6aq6.jpg

lsw7um7.jpg

lsw8gr5.jpg

lsw9lu8.jpg

lsw11zy1.jpg

lsw13nw7.jpg

lsw16la6.jpg

lsw18ra8.jpg

Oh yeah, Neil Hodgson was out with the full factory Honda AMA truck

lsw19tx3.jpg

and so was Jason DiSalvo (he passed EVERYONE in the advanced level like they were standing still...)

track1.jpg

Here's a short video I got in one of the later sessions of the day(sorry, the sun kinda sucks...). The guy I am following was on a Gixxer. I was pretty happy that I was faster than him through the turns, but the VFR just couldn't hang on the straights... (Notice he's wearing the same leathers as the cavemen in the Geico commercial...)

• Member Contributer

Nice report Todd, a great day was had by all :cool: :squid: I got the feeling theres atleast one more hooked on track days VFRD'r we got and maybe Joker can be swayed, don't think it'll take much :biggrin:

Great pics Jim, was great meeting ya. Hope we can do it again, would be good to share some of this :squid: then some of these :squid: :squid: :goofy:

Looking good Todd, theres a couple of days coming up out at Spring Mtn.......are ya ready???

Looks like I'll be needing a second job, this shites addicting!!

• Member Contributer
I'm soooo jealous. BTW, where's the mohawks?

Mohawks and trackdays dont mix..................unless your the fastest guy out there. That title probably goes to DiSalvo.

• Member Contributer

Yes gentlemen...I believe there is a track day for me in the near future. It was great meeting you guys, and it was a blast just watching how much fun everyone was having. I can only imagine what it was like to actually ride.

I've never really considered doing a track day because I assumed it would be all serious, but it wasn't. Although everyone was serious about riding to their potential and improving with each session, the atmosphere was very laid back.

I'll definitely be back to hang out, and as always, if you're ever in the Southeast, give me a ring.

Okay, this is something I wonder about every time I see a street bike on a track. Why do they make you tape up your plastic headlight lenses, plastic turn signals, and plastic tail light? What's the difference in crashing and your fairings breaking into a bunch of pieces and the plastic over the light bulbs breaking into a hundred pieces. Is this just a hold over from back in the day when headlights were made of glass?

Here's a short video I got in one of the later sessions of the day(sorry, the sun kinda sucks...)

The sun only sucked when you were driving west. That soundtrack sucked all the way around the course. I'd much rather hear the VFR (or finger nails on a black board) than that hip-hop shite. :cool:

Here's a short video I got in one of the later sessions of the day(sorry, the sun kinda sucks...)

The sun only sucked when you were driving west. That soundtrack sucked all the way around the course. I'd much rather hear the VFR (or finger nails on a black board) than that hip-hop shite. :cool:

OK, point taken. :biggrin: I'll put some Rock n' Roll on for you next video!!! +1.gif

OK, point taken. :biggrin: I'll put some Rock n' Roll on for you next video!!! +1.gif

We wanna hear that V4 howl! BTW, how do not have any wind noise? My video soundtrack always sound like hell because of the wind noise.

We wanna hear that V4 howl! BTW, how do not have any wind noise? My video soundtrack always sound like hell because of the wind noise.

I'm just using a Kodak point and shoot digital camera with a video function when I shoot the vids. I have in on a 5" RAM mount on the tank. I guess the windscreen is doing its job and blocking the wind? :cool: Or maybe the mic on it sucks so bad it doesn't pick it up??? +1.gif

I would just leave the engine noise but I didn't think it got the full effect across. In the video I had it in VTEC almost the whole time and was at red line along the straights, but by listening to just the engine noise you couldn't really tell IMHO.. :biggrin:

Archived