Vfr Track Video

Guest drago52

Guest drago52

Mike (VFR rider from Loveland, CO) and I hit up the IMI motorsports complex this morning with a ton of other bikers and we proved we could definitely hang with the high-powered race bikes on the track. Check out the vid to see for yourself. Best $35 you can spend.

-Ryan

That was cool. Good soundtrack. It looked like there was some close competition out there. :pissed: I wish there were a track day close to us for only $35! Firebird is considerably more.

• Member Contributer

Awesome camera positioning. It looks like you mounted it right on your frame sliders. What type of mount are you using, suction cup or or is it some sort of screw on mount?

I've used the suction cup mount included with the "motorsports" package on the gopro camera kit. I mounted it right on the fairing and it was pretty stable. I also mounted it on the seat cowl, but the video came out poorly (most likely because of saddle vibration or wind turbulance).

Great video and that also looks like a cool track. It also looks really tight. My only track experience is Mid-Ohio though which was WAAAYYYY more than $35. I'd do that all the time if it was only $35! I also like the new camera! That's a great shot!

Ain't it great to take somebody on the outside of a turn that's dragging a knee but going slow? I've never put a knee down in the last 30 years and I don't consider myself slow - just no very limber jointed or flashy.

Were you using the standard GoPro camera or the wide angle model?

Ain't it great to take somebody on the outside of a turn that's dragging a knee but going slow? I've never put a knee down in the last 30 years and I don't consider myself slow - just no very limber jointed or flashy.

I used the wide angle model. You can see in this photo where the camera is mounted.

gallery_14832_4231_14199.jpg

Ryan3 VFR800 IMI 10-19-08.jpg

• Member Contributer

I used the wide angle model. You can see in this photo where the camera is mounted.

gallery_14832_4231_14199.jpg

Ryan3 VFR800 IMI 10-19-08.jpg

VERY nice...

Don't have to drag a knee if you lean far enough to touch it.

Archived