Barging In On A Cbr Meet In Hong Kong

Guest HKVFR

:goofy: on the photos.

How far can one ride in the old colony? Is it possible to easily get into the mainland? Would one want to - that is, is travel restricted?

• Member Contributer
Was the odd man out, but oh well, still 4 cyclinders I guess :biggrin:

IMG_2370.JPG

As the man sat on his bike, confused as to why the key did not start the bike he said to himself...

This is not my beautiful bike!

And you may tell yourself

This is not my beautiful wife!...

Looks like fun

:biggrin: on the photos.

How far can one ride in the old colony? Is it possible to easily get into the mainland? Would one want to - that is, is travel restricted?

Thanks guys, unforunately, I'm stuck to just riding in the HK special administrative region; you need to either apply for a special permit (the HK beemer club does this when they truck their bikes up to tibet or the silk road or they rent their gss there). Or you need to own a business in China with a certain amount of asset (couple mil RMB I think) and you can apply for a Chinese licence plate which you can fix to your car (haven't seen it done for bikes though...)

It's quite nice on the mainland, the road trip mentality's starting to set in with more people owning cars and after the government spent billions of dollars on their highways and motels popping up here and there.

Archived