1998 R/r Fried With 11,000 Miles On It!

Guest sparkyd31

Guest sparkyd31

Hi guys,

I was finally able to brake away from the kids and head off to the garage to tear the fairing off of the bike to get to the R/R.I found out that all the bucking and the digital clock going crazy etc was due to 2 of the 3 yellow wires being melted and they broke right away from the connector.I have now ordered a RICK'S R/R and will be installing it tomorrow.I also have the battery on trickle charge as the bike was running solely on this before it died.I'm praying that after the install of my new RICK'S R/R I should be ok. Also,can someone please put up a picture of what the stock R/R one looks like.I don't know if it has been replaced or not before. Take care guys,sparkyd31

• Member Contributer
what could have caused this to happen.I thought the R/R got to hot and burnt the wires. Am I wrong?

Drawing too much amperage through those dinky Honda wires. Check the electrical section for the threads on beefing up 'dem wires. http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.p...st&p=360060

You can always order the upgrade from me for the wiring, if you aren't comfortable doing the button hook splices etc.

Stock R/R might be hard to ID, but the Ricks one is a good unit for sure! Sometimes the stock were black, if that helps

Archived