Inexpensive Leathers

Burns

• Member Contributer

I've been tossing the idea around of picking up an inexpensive leather jacket... all my gear now is textile. At any rate, I came across the Leatherup.com site and specifically the Xelement jackets they carry. Does anyone have any experience w/ either the jackets or at least the company? Prices seem like an above average deal, which always makes me nervous. :unsure:

I have not dealt with this outfit and would only worry about a fit or return policy if you had an issue.

I have always had great luck and the Best C/S anywhere at newenough.com and they always have Closeouts & Bargain basement items too!

http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/all_types/teknic/

Also you can catch some great deals right here in our classifieds, I've caught a few.

This one is listed now.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=45601

• Member Contributer
I have always had great luck and the Best C/S anywhere at newenough.com and they always have Closeouts & Bargain basement items too!

[

:fing02: Made 3 or 4 purchased and always "on the cheap" and with great service and quick shipping.

• Member Contributer

You should be concerned with the stitching and thickness of the leather. To me, safety is most important. First Gear makes excellent mid-priced leathers, and many others as well.

When it comes to wearables, more often than not, you get what you pay for. Example : If you have a $10 head, get a $10 helmet. My 2 cents.

Mac :fing02:

• Member Contributer

I have a custom one-piece from a small importer called Tilt (www.tiltcustoms.com I think). The owner Daniel is an honest, nice guy and he's busting his butt to build his business. The suit did fine in my July lowside and for the cost you can't beat it.

It's not a Vanson / Helimot / Dainese level, but it fits and feels better than my Joe Rocket GPX. :fing02:

• 1 month later...

I know I am late answering this, but they have inexpensive leather jackets at Leatherup.com that look pretty decent. Also, I got a great deal on my AGV Sportrider leather pants directly from AGV. You have call and ask about deals.

AGV Sport

• Member Contributer
You should be concerned with the stitching and thickness of the leather. To me, safety is most important. First Gear makes excellent mid-priced leathers, and many others as well.

When it comes to wearables, more often than not, you get what you pay for. Example : If you have a $10 head, get a $10 helmet. My 2 cents.

Mac :fing02:

I agree...

And I guess it all depends on how you deceide to crash :beer:

I'm becomming a fan of Tour Masters line of gear after myslef and a buddy of mine have had good results with their textile stuff. I'm looking at getting these for next season. For street & a few track days.

I have their Magnum leather jacket and will vouch for it's hardiness because I have crashed twice in it, but the zippers they use are garbage. I had to send the jacket back after only wearing twice and the replaced jacket main zipper broke teeth of the fourth time I wore it.

Archived