Pic Of 07 Rwb

leanit

• Member Contributer

2007VFRRWB-whitewheels.jpg

All,

Second try at posting a picture of my RWB VFR with white wheels. A little while ago I tried to post the same picture and commented on how difficult it is versus other sites I have been to. Just trying to help suggest an easier method. I'm sure there are alot of members who have pictures of their bikes, mods done or group rides but just don't like taking the extra time to post pictures. I like to clip and paste from my files because it is so much easier. Thanks, JD

:pissed:

• Member Contributer
All,

Second try at posting a picture of my RWB VFR with white wheels. A little while ago I tried to post the same picture and commented on how difficult it is versus other sites I have been to. Just trying to help suggest an easier method. I'm sure there are alot of members who have pictures of their bikes, mods done or group rides but just don't like taking the extra time to post pictures. I like to clip and paste from my files because it is so much easier. Thanks, JD

:pissed:

Welcome and nice bike. Wax those wheels!

There are a couple of options for pictures. The simplest is what you did, which is post them to a photo-sharing site and then use the little toolbar button to paste the link. Another almost-as-easy option is to upload them to your gallery and then use the gallery posting tool. All you do is click on the image(s) you want in the post.

• Member Contributer

Gawd, those look good, with white wheels.

• Member Contributer

thats a great looking bike. for a 6th gen wink.gif

never realized the cowl was white with the red stripe. I like it.

Shame the white won't stay white unless you really keep up on it.

• Member Contributer
Yep, the white wheels really make the bike! Now paint that other silver stuff to match the frame and you'll be in business. :fing02:

LOL. Ummmm. What? :fing02:

• Member Contributer

gallery_2922_2278_512601.jpg

100_4186.JPG

Too bad it's not this easy.

• Member Contributer
White wheels on your RWB look gorgeous! Nice job :fing02: You did get those powdercoated, right?

Thanks to all,

The dealer I purchased it from had the wheels powdercoated before I bought the bike and when I saw it, I knew it was a done deal. My wife and I was riding at Morrow Mtn. State Park and a coulple guys riding Suzuki 1000 bikes came up to us. They really liked this color scheme and didn't believe the white wheels were not a Honda idea. One guy bet this may be the only one in the country. That would be nice but doubtful. With a 120 mile ride behind us, I want to say when I bought this bike and rode it home, I was afraid I had made a mistake. Handled great and rode great on the highway but it fealt weak.

The dealer told me not to take it above 6,000 rpm for the first 65 miles. Well, at 100 miles I got on her pretty good and that sound above 7,500-8,000 rpm is a true mechanical opera. My wife kept popping my stomach and screaming "come, get it on!" We stopped for some ice cream and a short break and I told her the sound reminds me of old Italian sports cars "coming on cam." I have always ridden with ear plugs but I took them out for the ride home. Sweet bike!!! I'll have to ride my 919 tomorrow after changing her oil so she doesn't get too jealous. Thanks again gang, JD

• Member Contributer

That color combination looks real sweat,what part of NC do you live?The Charlotte group does group rides every year or so.

Regards,

Mike

• Member Contributer
That color combination looks real sweat,what part of NC do you live?The Charlotte group does group rides every year or so.

Regards,

Mike

I live in Asheboro and there are a few VFRs around here but I don't know if they are on this site.

• Member Contributer
:fing02:

nicely done... welcome to the RWB CREW...

gallery_13384_3885_113257.jpg

06.01.08.a4.jpg

The bike in front...is that a Lawson replica Shoei? That looks awesome with the bike. Thanks, JD

• Member Contributer
One guy bet this may be the only one in the country....

should've taken that bet... not alot out there but they do surface time and again...

I believe someone out in AZ has dark blue rims as well...

You would have lost the bet.Honda of Cool Springs did the same thing to their last RWB. It looks great and I hope you don't spend too much time having to clean those white wheels.

PS.........If you think it sounds good stock take a listen to one with a set of Leo Vince SBKs on it . THAT sounds GREAT.

• Member Contributer
Yep, the white wheels really make the bike! Now paint that other silver stuff to match the frame and you'll be in business. :beer:

LOL. Ummmm. What? :biggrin:

:3:

You know.... MO BLACK!

• Member Contributer
:biggrin:

nicely done... welcome to the RWB CREW...

gallery_13384_3885_113257.jpg

06.01.08.a4.jpg

The bike in front...is that a Lawson replica Shoei? That looks awesome with the bike. Thanks, JD

Yeah, that's a Lawson replica Shoei. I'm still looking for a second set of wheels to powder coat white.

• Member Contributer

All,

:biggrin:

Hello:

The white wheels "jumped-out-at-me" the instant I opened this thread. Only a couple of hours ago, I was in a Bay Area Honda dealership - they have a '07 25th Anniversary VFR ABS on the floor. I spent a bit of time looking at, literally crawling around on the floor. One thing that struck me was the black wheels. I dunno, it just felt like something was missing.

The flip-side is that I have white wheels on my '89 FK, and, man-o-man, it is a constant struggle keeping those things clean. I have to get into those "nooks and crannies" with a friggin' Q Tip. Geeez.

As to posting pics, I kinda agree with you. It would be nice to just right-click on a pic stored in your hard drive, and dump the image in a VFRD post. However, someone here turned me onto photobucket, and, well, once you get the hang of it, it's no big deal.

rctwentyfour

• Member Contributer
Yep, the white wheels really make the bike! Now paint that other silver stuff to match the frame and you'll be in business. :3:

LOL. Ummmm. What? :biggrin:

:laugh:

You know.... MO BLACK!

Nice job. I dig the black and that makes the white POP! I have a 919 that has the asphalt paint treatment and after seeing your photo, I want to apply this scheme to my 919. RWB with a black frame, swing arm amd folk lowers. When I approached my wife to tell her my plan, she laughed really loud and then her head did a Linda Blair followed by cussing that would make a sailor blush. Maybe I will wait until next year. Thanks, JD :beer:

• Member Contributer
Yep, the white wheels really make the bike! Now paint that other silver stuff to match the frame and you'll be in business. :fing02:

LOL. Ummmm. What? :lurk:

:fing02:

You know.... MO BLACK!

Nice job. I dig the black and that makes the white POP! I have a 919 that has the asphalt paint treatment and after seeing your photo, I want to apply this scheme to my 919. RWB with a black frame, swing arm amd folk lowers. When I approached my wife to tell her my plan, she laughed really loud and then her head did a Linda Blair followed by cussing that would make a sailor blush. Maybe I will wait until next year. Thanks, JD :fing02:

I keep tellin' you guys, GET AWAY FROM MY RIDE ! ! ! (drool !)

As for the white wheels, yeah, they are kind of a pain to keep clean - but I just sit and stare at the whole picture when done .. Kind of like Peter Egan and his Ducati........... cheers :beer:

• Member Contributer
Those white wheel look great! Congrats!!

I rode my bike to work today and everyone finally saw it "live." Even the Harley riders and cruiser guys commented on the look. One guy walked up to me and said, "you know, back in '89 I had a Interceptor. I have not wanted to buy a new bike in 10 years then I saw yours. It looks retro and modern at the same time." So far I have only had one negative comment. A dude on an Ducati 916 asked me how often I "washed my cast wheels?" I told him after washing and waxing them, I blow the brake dust off with my compressor and if needed I use a detailer spray and wipe them off. "Yeah right. Tell it to a guy that desn't ride a motorcycle." All this coming from a 30 yr. old that won't be able to pay to get his valves adjusted without dropping plastic on the counter. It was funny watching him pull away thinking I was going to gun it. That clutch chatter sounded like a monkey busting marbles with a hammer. At the next light, I asked if he needed a new clutch (I know...they sound like that). "Man, you really don't know shit about bikes. Performance wet clutches sound like this!" I nearly fell off my bike. Honestly, I tried not to laugh but damn, I could not hold it in. Yep, your right. He took off and if he didn't need his clutch replaced after that I would be amazed. The smell even added to the moment. JD :fing02:

• Member Contributer
Those white wheel look great! Congrats!!

I rode my bike to work today and everyone finally saw it "live." Even the Harley riders and cruiser guys commented on the look. One guy walked up to me and said, "you know, back in '89 I had a Interceptor. I have not wanted to buy a new bike in 10 years then I saw yours. It looks retro and modern at the same time." So far I have only had one negative comment. A dude on an Ducati 916 asked me how often I "washed my cast wheels?" I told him after washing and waxing them, I blow the brake dust off with my compressor and if needed I use a detailer spray and wipe them off. "Yeah right. Tell it to a guy that desn't ride a motorcycle." All this coming from a 30 yr. old that won't be able to pay to get his valves adjusted without dropping plastic on the counter. It was funny watching him pull away thinking I was going to gun it. That clutch chatter sounded like a monkey busting marbles with a hammer. At the next light, I asked if he needed a new clutch (I know...they sound like that). "Man, you really don't know shit about bikes. Performance wet clutches sound like this!" I nearly fell off my bike. Honestly, I tried not to laugh but damn, I could not hold it in. Yep, your right. He took off and if he didn't need his clutch replaced after that I would be amazed. The smell even added to the moment. JD :goofy:

Way to suck it up and enjoy the moment, Leanit...... Good Job ! :biggrin:

Archived