Azusa/mt Boldy Ride (8/10/08) Ride Report

• Member Contributer
Damn, that looks like a lot of fun. I really need to get onto some roads like that!

we'd love to invite you. TOO BAD NO ONE KNOWS WHERE YOU ARE FROM???!!!

HINT: change your settings to include your location...

Yeah, no kidding. We wouldn't mind seeing your '83, for that matter.

Damn, that looks like a lot of fun. I really need to get onto some roads like that!

could you imagine? L8asusul, Wheatie and Leeworthy all showing up for a ride... It'd be like the Corvette rides I see where there's a grip of old ones mixed up amongst the new ones. Very cool. And let me tell ya, Wheatie rides like he's gonna die tomorrow, that boy was smoking me in the corners... (I guess old wrinkly skin weighs less than fresh young skin)

• Member Contributer
Whats the story with the CHP... Arrested?? Hooligans!!!

Nice Pictures.. Sounds Like there wasn't a dull moment..

Bob and Scott were just having fun. No one got arrested. The CHP was there responding to the down rider. I was surprised the CHP officer didn't say anything about Bob and Scott posing by his patrol car. He even told us to ride safely as it was his third time (third crash) up the mountain and the day was still early (only about 9:45am at the time).

• Member Contributer
Nice Pictures..

Apparently when Michael says He's going to bring the wide-angle lens He aint kiddin!!

• Member Contributer

could you imagine? L8asusul, Wheatie and Leeworthy all showing up for a ride... It'd be like the Corvette rides I see where there's a grip of old ones mixed up amongst the new ones. Very cool. And let me tell ya, Wheatie rides like he's gonna die tomorrow, that boy was smoking me in the corners... (I guess old wrinkly skin weighs less than fresh young skin)

YA THINK ?? :biggrin:

• Member Contributer
What was the story with the Harley and the chopper. Did they do a bike extract and if so...... WHY NO PICS?

No Harley. The guy was wearing a tee-shirt, jeans and steel toe boots and riding a white (perhaps CBR900) No original body work. His wind screen was covered in dirt but the bike was on it's side stand and intact. I think his longish hair and beard and clothing gave rise to the Harley rumor. He also wore some turquoise Indian style necklace which speaks Harley guy.

He was heading the opposite direction over an up hill table top to off camber left when he ran out of pavement. Short skid mark showed a panic brake and then an attempt to ride the dirt shoulder into the side of the mountain and over a catch basin of low concrete. My guess from his injuries and pained shock like mannerisms is the bike rode over the culvert while he slid into it and over.

The awesome dust cloud from the Shakorski Helicopter blew down the canyon side like a semi truck had driven off the side of the road and was cart wheeling down the hill side in slow motion. All that was missing was the fireball at the end of the plunge. No vehicle actually went over.

• Member Contributer
What was the story with the Harley and the chopper. Did they do a bike extract and if so...... WHY NO PICS?

No Harley. The guy was wearing a tee-shirt, jeans and steel toe boots and riding a white (perhaps CBR900) No original body work. His wind screen was covered in dirt but the bike was on it's side stand and intact. I think his longish hair and beard and clothing gave rise to the Harley rumor. He also wore some turquoise Indian style necklace which speaks Harley guy.

He was heading the opposite direction over an up hill table top to off camber left when he ran out of pavement. Short skid mark showed a panic brake and then an attempt to ride the dirt shoulder into the side of the mountain and over a catch basin of low concrete. My guess from his injuries and pained shock like mannerisms is the bike rode over the culvert while he slid into it and over.

The awesome dust cloud from the Shakorski Helicopter blew down the canyon side like a semi truck had driven off the side of the road and was cart wheeling down the hill side in slow motion. All that was missing was the fireball at the end of the plunge. No vehicle actually went over.

Hope for his sake he had insurance. If not, he's liable to be paying off his cr card within the next 10-20 years. Maybe ! I understand helicopter rides are inflationary !

Archived