Need Help! - Tech Installed My Rear Preload Adjuster Wrong

Guest RideRedWA

Guest RideRedWA

He ran the line under the frame rails instead of on the outside where there is a nice little notch in the fairing piece. Since the line was right next to the pipe the line burnt and is leaking fluid. Fixing the line might not be too difficult but now he is worried that we can't bleed the line and the whole unit needs to be replaced. Then he told me he could get to it in a month. Lovely. His shop screwed up and now I have to wait to ride.

Any help is appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Dave

He ran the line under the frame rails instead of on the outside where there is a nice little notch in the fairing piece. Since the line was right next to the pipe the line burnt and is leaking fluid. Fixing the line might not be too difficult but now he is worried that we can't bleed the line and the whole unit needs to be replaced. Then he told me he could get to it in a month. Lovely. His shop screwed up and now I have to wait to ride.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

This clown is responsible for the repairs if he installed it wrong resulting in your damage, but in the mean time if you care to mess with it you can have any hydraulic/hose shop make you a new line. You basically have a piston on each end of the line, as your turn the knob it pushes the piston out on the other end(spring). I think you would just need to make sure there is NO air in either piston or line when you re-assemble. :fing02:

This line Only controls the spring pre-load, not the shock it self. As the fluid leaks out you will loose any pre-load and possibly get oil on your rear tire. :fing02:

I'm pretty sure You would have to pull the shock to get this done.

btw there's a ABS shock on eBay right now. :fing02:

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

This clown is responsible for the repairs if he installed it wrong resulting in your damage, but in the mean time if you care to mess with it you can have any hydraulic/hose shop make you a new line. You basically have a piston on each end of the line, as your turn the knob it pushes the piston out on the other end(spring). I think you would just need to make sure there is NO air in either piston or line when you re-assemble. :fing02:

This line Only controls the spring pre-load, not the shock it self. As the fluid leaks out you will loose any pre-load and possibly get oil on your rear tire. :fing02:

I'm pretty sure You would have to pull the shock to get this done.

btw there's a ABS shock on eBay right now. :fing02:

If you're in a pinch, I just took mine off to put on my ELKA.

From an '05, 7500US miles, only my weight (185lbs.) loaded on the bike. I don't even have passenger pegs on it.

Kevin, what was ebay asking? I don't know what it's worth, should Dave go that route.

Greg :fing02:

• Member Contributer

L-A-W-Y-E-R.............mention one and it'll be done in a week.

Thanks,

Dave

Thats Rediculous, it does show to be very careful who's allowed to work on your bike.

Greg,

I would do that just to speed this along and just make him pay for it. It's better than waiting for him to come up with the line, parts, etc. That is if you are interested in a price around that range! :biggrin:

Kevin, what was ebay asking? I don't know what it's worth, should Dave go that route.

Greg :fing02:

$70.00 :fing02:

Archived