Pciii Map Request

SGVridgerunner

• Member Contributer

On the VFR ride this weekend, I was talking to one of the guys about maps, and he told me about a map that puts out ~ 115 hp at the wheel. I'm currently running Cozye's map, but if there's a balls-out, screw gas mileage, peaky map that produces the most hp a VTEC can get, I was wondering if I could take a look at it. :blush:

He couldn't remember who created it, so could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

• Member Contributer

tinyminds map

But like seb said...for catless headers. That thing was producing 10 or so more lb/ft of torque then my 5th gen. Although our hp numbers were really close.

• Member Contributer

Ok, so it is Tinymind's map, cool. I'm trying to set up a dyno tune and want to bring a few maps for comparison.

I have catless headers, so I should be ok.

Thanks,

• Member Contributer

Yeah, dyno could be off 7 or 8 hp.

Also, keep in mind one thing that I've learned lately doing a lot of tuning using wideband commanders and my new Bazzaz performance unit on my CBR. The leaner maps will produce the top HP, but they are also very bad for longevity on a motor. A good friend of mine is a Honda mechanic and also knows some top tuners in AMA, as well as having access to Dan Kyle, Bruce, etc.. They all said that top HP is produced around 13.6 - 13.8 AFR, but race teams rebuild their motors every few races. All the top guys recommend running a street motor somewhere around 12.8 - 13.1 AFR. Will produce a couple HP less but will be much easier on the the motor. Another thing that is interesting is that they aren't tunning for the same AFR all the way across the board. I quote my buddy below to save on typing

"Well I just got an o2 bung welded onto my stock exhaust and the guy who did it is semi retired only works 2 half days per week. He used to build race bikes for Honda canada back when they raced. He started talking to me casually about what I was doing and I laid all my cards on the table with where we are at. He says you need two diferent target a/f ratios. You want 12.8 to 13.00 at your peak torque and then from there you want to gradually get richer down to 11.8 till peak rpms. As he was describing that to me at first I thought this guys fucked, but then I remembered your oe map looked like that as well. So I asked him why and he started talking about thermal efficieny getting worse at higher rpms and ignition advance changes and other stuff it basically all went over my head. But I thought I'd pas along what I heard. Interestingly enough the original dynojet map made by dusty for our aratas does what this guy was telling me. It seems there is so much more to all this then the chat boards have any idea about."

Food for thought anyway. I've been doing quite a bit of tuning on my CBR. It will be some time before I have "the perfect map" on this bad boy but it sure is fun trying. Now that I have wideband and an o2 sensor along with mapping capabilities including a handle mounted toggle switch to switch between maps .. LOL

• Member Contributer

Goes along with the saying "Lean is Mean". one of my instructors was saying when he raced GP bikes (250cc two smokes) he would lean it out till it plug was slightly white. But he also rebuilt the motor EVERY race weekend. But yea, your right Cozye, there is more to it then most people think they know. Sitting in the DynoJet class at school was an eye opener.

• Member Contributer

Not sure where it is. (Too lazy to search, for you). A map was posted last week. (prolly in the map section). Laser exhaust. Mapped at 110.

Archived